Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#196204 - 02/20/07 03:06 AM Thanks... [Re: Redlegg]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;People are looking for a mixture of both experience and wisdom.

That's about what I was trying to say. Just more concise.

#196205 - 02/20/07 03:07 AM Re: Ummm... [Re: googledad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
You made a judgment that other people here were making moral judgments. They may feel what they're doing is giving advice. You feel it's making moral judgments. ;)

#196206 - 02/20/07 04:01 AM Re: No. I advise just what Katie did... [Re: almostheaven]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

And yet , when I posted ( sans cut &amp; paste ) that failure to pay support was a civil matter you felt the need to cut &amp; paste a federal stature that said it was ( under extremely limited circumstances ) .

#196207 - 02/20/07 04:30 AM Re: No. I advise just what Katie did... [Re: almostheaven]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]Don't JUST quote material you find online. The point of this is, there are written statutes all over. There are statutes that can put a non-paying NCP in jail. Well, my ex doesn't pay for years at a time. His daughter's 22 and he's STILL nearly $8K behind in CS. Yet he's NEVER even been threatened with jail time. Yet he CAN be. Well good, some fool writes something down, puts it up online and voila! That means all NCPs who don't pay will automatically go to jail? No. That's the problem. You're quoting statutes or what you find online. But it's not REAL LIFE. Posters not only want to know what the law says, but they want to know their chances. They want to know how those statutes work in the real world. Sad fact is that sometimes they don't work at all. They put em on paper, but PEOPLE can say a lot more than a piece of paper. We've been there. We can provide various instances where those laws won't/didn't work and advice for increasing one's chances of making those laws work.

Some people will come in and say this is how it happens, etc. But it's NOT...not always. And those quotes of statutes aren't always what happens either. But we can say this is what happened to ME, or SOMETIMES this might happen, to give a poster a better grasp on how things can go...IOW, many different ways depending on how you play it. [/quote]
]

And your experiences in W. VA will help someone in Wash. how ?

#196208 - 02/20/07 04:32 AM thankyou [Re: googledad]
hglucky Offline

Thank you for the information. The help is appreciated. Regarding the cut and paste article, I have to admit that while I understood it, it was difficult to read. Legal english isn't at all like conversational english. I never understood why....but that is a different topic for a different board.

Regarding my career, I can tell you that I am not a school teacher. I'm a scientist of sorts, and of course a mother as well.

#196209 - 02/20/07 04:38 AM Re: No. I advise just what Katie did... [Re: googledad]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
You're NOT going to win this arguement. In the particular thread you mentioned, it was PART of the DISCUSSION, not the finate advice being offered.

The problem that many people have with your copy/paste is 1) your assumption that people will understand and 2) your assumption that the law is black and white.

The law is filled with every imaginable shade of grey...that's why trials last so freaking long, why stuff is constantly appealed.

And understanding the law is NOT like read a Dick and Jane book...it's a language all of its own.

#196210 - 02/20/07 04:42 AM Re: No. I advise just what Katie did... [Re: googledad]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
And your experiences in W. VA will help someone in Wash. how ?

---&gt; Because the law is only a SMALL part of it. Generally speaking, the "experience" is pretty much the same regardless of which state you are in and while each state may tweak their laws...they are basically the same because there are federal standards that each state must follow.

#196211 - 02/20/07 04:43 AM I think that the personal anecdotes & [Re: googledad]
matilda Offline
Pooh-Bah

the cut and paste from internet searches compliment each other. Together they make for a more balanced response. Why is it necessary to prove one methodology more relevant or important than the other? Why can't they just co-exist? My logical side appreciates googledad's approach. My feeling side appreciates the personal stories. Honestly I would hope that people have more important things to take care of in their real life not to have these cyber worries.

#196212 - 02/20/07 12:37 PM Re: I think that the personal anecdotes & [Re: matilda]
Redlegg Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Wel. I think (copy and paste here) and that can be backed up by www.google.com and I went through the same thing :)

#196213 - 02/20/07 03:07 PM Re: I think that the personal anecdotes & [Re: Redlegg]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
Great, wonderful, everyone still loves each other, right? It's Mardi Gras for Pete's sake...eat, drink, and be merry!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: