Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#196214 - 02/20/07 09:25 PM Re: No. I advise just what Katie did... [Re: googledad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Yup. I have no problem at all with pasting relevant statutes "from time-to-time". That's why I KEEP saying: "Don't JUST quote material you find online."

#196215 - 02/20/07 09:31 PM Re: No. I advise just what Katie did... [Re: googledad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

By giving them a REALISTIC view of how the system works in ALL states. And...I haven't JUST experienced CS issues in WV. ;) I've not experienced them in WA, but I have in a number of states. And they're pretty uniform accross the board in many matters.

#196216 - 02/20/07 09:32 PM Re: I think that the personal anecdotes & [Re: matilda]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

They can exist together, and sometimes the cut and paste is helpful. But doing it as the only means of posting here...just makes a person seem more unhelpful than helpful at a certain point.

#196217 - 02/20/07 09:33 PM Re: I think that the personal anecdotes & [Re: Miranda]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Who's pouring?

#196218 - 02/23/07 10:33 PM Re: I think that the personal anecdotes & [Re: almostheaven]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"I have jerks like you for breakfast"???

#196219 - 02/24/07 04:24 AM Re: I think that the personal anecdotes & [Re: Sherron]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

What a maroon!

#196220 - 03/03/07 11:17 AM arrears [Re: hglucky]
bubble Offline
recently joined

first post - hope I do this correctly. I'm inquiring about my own situation, which is the same subject. Let me know if I should be posting under new topic.
I'm from Illinois, CP of one child 18ys old, sr in high school.
Our divorce took place 11 years ago, and there have been no modifications to CS since the original document. My confusion comes, first of all, from the wording of the support order. It states the NCP is to pay $125.00 every other week, and is to provide verification of income on an annual basis.
Well, he has paid that amount, and as for the verification part, he has not fully complied. He works partially as an independent contractor/self employed (ins sales) and what he has shown me each year is a photocopy of select pages of a hand written tax filing..the pages that only provide his adjusted gross income, by which he justified the amount of $125 to be an adequate child support payment. No W2s, no gross income shown prior to adjustment. We've argued over this over the years. Recently, I got a peek at the real figures. My son was applied for a student loan and needed financial documentation. That's when I saw that his gross was almost double that of his adjusted amount. This has prompted me to take a second look at the situation. I'm contemplating taking this to court.
Here are some questions:
Should I have this reviewed in family court with no attorney, just to have our document reviewed and enforced, or is more than this necessary (ie. hire lawyer)?
Am I at fault for the arears for not persuing this earlier? After all, he has been complying with the actual stated amount in the divorce document.
Am I being presumptuous in assuming that the income verification clause indicates that CS is subject to change based on this? Is that how a judge would view this?
These are my basic questions, although I do have more, but will start with these. Thank you for any thoughts you may have on the subject!

#196221 - 03/03/07 02:19 PM Re: arrears [Re: bubble]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yes you need to start your own thread. I just happened to see this, but this is an old post scrolled way down the page. Most people aren't going to even see it.

Its hard to tell how a judge would rule on this. If you can show the photo copies he's been giving you and show the true figures you just received, you might be able to get a retroactive increase since he falsified records. I would NOT do this without an attorney though. Get a few free consults, take these documents with you. An attorney should be able to tell you in a consult whether or not you'd have a case.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: