Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#199118 - 02/26/07 03:20 PM Re: "then he needs to pay your child support"... [Re: almostheaven]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I think she may be talking about the standard yearly income that is imputed for a female..which is a few thousand less than a males. I forgot what it's called...but I don't think it's used that often. I think it was like 34K or less for a female and 36K or more for a male. I've never heard about it actually being used though.

#199119 - 02/26/07 03:24 PM Re: "then he needs to pay your child support"... [Re: M5M5]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
Wouldn't that be unconstitutional? Do you mean median income?

#199120 - 02/26/07 03:27 PM Re: "then he needs to pay your child support"... [Re: Miranda]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I don't know. I remember reading it long ago...it may be in our state's guidelines.

#199121 - 02/26/07 03:28 PM Re: "then he needs to pay your child support"... [Re: M5M5]
Geneva Offline

Loc: TN
Actually my CS was based on $12.00 per hr which I was making at the time, but now I have two children at home instead of 1 and they did not adjust for that, not that it would have made much of a difference. but I am talking to a friend about babysitting her two children after school and in the summer so that will help...........

#199122 - 02/26/07 03:29 PM Re: "then he needs to pay your child support"... [Re: Geneva]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
That sounds like a good idea.

#199123 - 02/26/07 03:40 PM Re: "then he needs to pay your child support"... [Re: Geneva]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Ahhh, then this is where the problem is. You WERE making that. So it's very likely then that the court may continue your CS at that amount, since you've shown you're capable of making that. You didn't give that info previously. So your lawyer may be correct in what they're saying then.

#199124 - 02/26/07 03:43 PM Re: "then he needs to pay your child support"... [Re: almostheaven]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

They will also impute it at 40 hrs per week...full time hours..even if you only work part time. You should also get a credit for your in home kids...however...with your first in home child..you got the max credit...so for the second child...you may get a $30 credit on top of it...more or less.

#199125 - 02/26/07 05:14 PM Re: "then he needs to pay your child support"... [Re: M5M5]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Why should your ex_h and your 1st born child have to take less because you voluntarily decided to have more children AND you voluntarily decided to stop working?

Why should they have to "suffer" at all for your decisions? If you can't be a stay-at-Home mom AND meet your obiligations to your child, then you shouldn't be a SAHM. If you can't have more children and be able to meeting your obligations to your first child, then you shouldn't have more children.

I never understand people who want their first spouse/first kids to help them "fund" their new lifestyle. Your HUSBAND should be the one funding your desire to be a stay-at-home mom, NOT for your former spouse/former child...via taking a reduction in CS.

#199126 - 02/26/07 06:21 PM Re: I think the point being missed here... [Re: almostheaven]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
She's NOT disputting CS, just that the CS she pays was based on more than she does, has, or ever has made.

---&gt; Actually...she is. She WAS paying $80.00 a week and the lost her job and support was [tempporaily] lowered to $39.00 UNTIL she could go back to work. She has NOW decided NOT to return to work and wants to permanantly reduce her support amount.

---&gt; Now I'm just guessing here (wouldn't want Susan to accuse me of "assuming") because of the amount of child support...that the $20k she is claiming as income is based on LESS than full-time and so her friend IS correct to say that the courts would imput her income at $38k...if that is what she would earn if she worked full-time.

ANY NCP who came on here saying they've always made $20K but their CS got based on $38K would usually be told to seek a modification.

---&gt; It would depend on whether they are working part-time or full-time.

---&gt; In fact...this is what I am going through right now (hearing's in March). Ex wants my wages imputed at XX/hour, even though I haven't made that wage in five years. Frankly, I don't know how the Judge is going to rule on it. Sure...if I lived in the "big city" I could earn that amount, but I don't live there, I live here.

But her CS should be based on what she typically earns regardless.

---&gt; Correct...if she COULD earn $38k by working full-time, she that is what her CS should be based on.

#199127 - 02/26/07 06:24 PM Re: I think the point being missed here... [Re: Gecko]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I think she has clarified twice now that her $80 wk CS was based on her making $12 an hour, 40 hrs a week. Not $38k.

++++
Actually my CS was based on $12.00 per hr which I was making at the time, but now I have two children at home instead of 1 and they did not adjust for that, not that it would have made much of a difference. but I am talking to a friend about babysitting her two children after school and in the summer so that will help...........
++++++++

Edited by Susanf31 (02/26/07 06:25 PM)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: