Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199398 - 02/27/07 01:52 AM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: hibiscush]
etindall8 Offline
enthusiast

[quote]Unfortunate when it's for the kids and will only enhance their youth. As well as it's an interest both parent's fully supported and participated in when the family was intact. [/quote]

Like someone else said, baseball is a want, not a need and if 'wants' aren't covered in the CO, then you don't get any money from your ex for it.

If ex does agree to pay for part of this stuff, then don't be surprised if he wants approval rights. So, if he doesn't approve of the activity, he doesn't have to pay his part. Sucks, but there are some CPs who sign their kid up for everything just to bleed the NCPs.

Sucks, but there are some NCPs who simply can't afford extra-curriculars. My SD (who lives with BM) is in 3 different activities and goes on 2-3 vacations a year. She gets new clothes at all the name brand shops and has THE most expensive hobby for little girls (she collects American Girls). Compared to us -- we haven't taken a vacation in about 3 years and my son is 2 and 95% of his wardrobe is hand-me-downs. We make do, but that's it. There's no extra for anyone, including SD.

If DH and BM were still married and they didn't have money, there would be no extras. If they did have money, there would be extras. Same goes for divorced parents. If you can do it, great. If you can't, it's not going to kill the kids.

#199399 - 02/27/07 02:51 AM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: etindall8]
hibiscush Offline
recently joined

For him, money isn't an issue, as some of his inherited stock got bought up this past summer, and he has a couple of million to play with now. Although, suddenly he is unable to earn an income at his job and is crying poor, since the separation (it's been 1 year and 9 months since we separated). He just thinks that since he "pays me all this money in child support every month (he just started a formal temp. support this past November), then he shouldn't have to come up with anything extra." He won't even agree for me to reinroll them in the same school they've gone to for over 7 years now (my oldest). They had a tuition hike and he's not sure he agrees with the amount they raised the tuition, so he's not agreeing to their reinrollement for next year. Judge only made a temp. ruling that he maintains them in their school for this year, at this point. That was back in September. After nearly two years, and 2 mediations, we still aren't divorced. (He's the one that asked for it after 21 years together and 13 years of marriage...three kids). Get this...he left me for an OLDER woman! Ugh! A coworker of his with no children. Said he couldn't handle me, the kids, and the hectic lifestyle anymore. Long story....
Again, our divorce isn't final, so I have time to try to understand what part of the divorce agreement needs to be looked at again. Obviously this is an issue and needs to be looked at before the ink is dry.
Forgive my ignorance, but I've racked my brain to try to figure it out. What does "SD", "BM" and "DH" mean? Can't find any type of FAQ that would explain these terms.

#199400 - 02/27/07 03:11 AM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: hibiscush]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

SD - step daughter
BM - bio mom
DH - dear husband

#199401 - 02/27/07 11:07 AM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: Gecko]
Runswithscissors Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

In addtion?

-------------&gt;not necessarily. If your State provides guidelines or it's ordered.

In my state, I am not required to pay "extra activities". by State or by Order, however.. I do. I pay it.. Medical I split 50/50. (sometimes).

Edited by Runswithscissors (02/27/07 11:08 AM)

#199402 - 02/27/07 11:08 AM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: Gecko]
Runswithscissors Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

oopsss.. should of read through! My bad!

#199403 - 02/27/07 03:07 PM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: hibiscush]
etindall8 Offline
enthusiast

[quote]Get this...he left me for an OLDER woman! Ugh! A coworker of his with no children. Said he couldn't handle me, the kids, and the hectic lifestyle anymore. [/quote]

if this is why he left you then you should automatically assume from this point forward that he is never going to give more than is spelled out in specific orders and probably only after being harrassed by you or lawyers. He's not putting his kids first, so he's certainly not going to open his wallet to you.

It's going to be an uphill battle all the way. I suggest you get as much specifically spelled out as possible because it sounds like he will exploit any loophole possible.

#199404 - 02/27/07 08:02 PM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: hibiscush]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
Get this...he left me for an OLDER woman!

---&gt; So? Us "older" women are pretty hot ya know!!!

#199405 - 02/27/07 08:03 PM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: Runswithscissors]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yes you ARE bad.

#199406 - 02/27/07 10:17 PM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: hibiscush]
PeaceTalks Offline
recently joined

Loc: Los Angeles 90293
It depends on the state. Generally, the monthly support amount covers the child's portion of your rent, car insurance, groceries, day-to-day expenses, haircuts, clothing while the child is with you, entertainment when the child is with you, etc. In California, in addition to the monthly amount, there are also child support "add-on" expenses which are divided by the parents (many do it 50/50 but you can do it according to incomes or whatever you decide). Required add-ons are healthcare costs and work-related childcare and preschool. Most parents [voluntarily] include things like lessons, sports fees, activities, camp--all those little extras that as you get more money you provide these kinds of things for your children.

#199407 - 02/28/07 01:13 AM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: PeaceTalks]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"Car Insurance" LOL You HAVE to have CI whether or not you have a child so CS does NOT cover CI.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: