Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199418 - 03/01/07 12:55 AM You don't get it... [Re: Redlegg]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Because you've never had to live it. So it's like apples talking to oranges and not worth expending any further energy on. Besides, I have the feeling you DO get it and just want to act like you don't. So that's more of why I'm just gonna let you rant on.

#199419 - 03/01/07 12:58 AM Re: Sometimes they don't... [Re: Gecko]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

And they don't allow any decrease because of two households? You know that for a fact?

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;their adjustment is NOT 30%...it's 16.1%;

Yup. So the CP isn't picking up 15% and the NCP 15% by giving the NCP the full 30%. And if the NCP earns more, that would make sense. If they don't, it wouldn't. But guidelines are guidelines for a reason. Because we can't nit pick every case to an exact science. Judges do have SOME leeway if there is a real glaring difference though.

#199420 - 03/01/07 03:51 AM Re: Sometimes they don't... [Re: almostheaven]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
And they don't allow any decrease because of two households? You know that for a fact?

---&gt; No and yes...one of the advantages on working in Family Law and being friends with someone who served on the committe.

#199421 - 03/01/07 12:20 PM Re: You don't get it... [Re: almostheaven]
Redlegg Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Really thats why your going to let me "rant on". Well thank you. As far as apples and oranges, I am a CP and I pay CS, so which part do I get, except the CS. I don't have a problem paying it because I know when he goes to visit, I want him to be in a decent place, and I think its the right thing to do. But I never once heard of the "you have a boy and a girl so you need more than if you had two boys or two girls argument". Is saying you are going to let me rant the technical term for "whatever"?

#199422 - 03/01/07 12:23 PM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: almostheaven]
Redlegg Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well then, maybe people shouldn't use some of those companies that put you in a higher risk category just for having a licensed 16 year old in the house.

#199423 - 03/01/07 05:29 PM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: almostheaven]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

With some companies, it doesn't matter if the teen WANTS to drive or not. Just that they are a licensed driver.

---&gt; Yeah...SO's insurance company tried that SCAM when I moved in with him and I told him to tell them "no" and if they threatened to cancel his insurance because of it, that I would personally pay for his lawyer and start a class action lawsuit for extortion.

#199424 - 03/02/07 01:20 AM Re: Sometimes they don't... [Re: Gecko]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

What I was meaning was, when they did the calculations, did they take the total costs from the intact family and divide it according to income, or did they take the total cost, decrease a bit for the reduced SOL due to two homes, and then divide it by income? And...did they not do it like that in ANY state? Because not all states are the same guidelines.

#199425 - 03/02/07 01:25 AM Re: You don't get it... [Re: Redlegg]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

It's the technical term for I have the flu and have no time for your B.S. So now I understand you, you PAY CS. Very enlightening.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;What conditions exist as far as numbers of children after the divorce that didn't before the divorce, you would have been legally required to provide that room regardless. Whether or not the NCP chooses to see their children is not the issue, because CPs can be just as cruel and they can beat their kids. You can what if this to death, but the truth of the matter is that the same number of children existed before the divorce as they did after, and you are legally required to spend more money on your children to provide them rooms whether your divorced or not(where ever that law exists).

And your argument is that ONLY the CP should be the one to spend more. Ahhhh, seeing the light even more.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I understand a two bedroom apt/house costs more than a one bedroom, but CS is for the child(ren) and their living conditions should not change too much, but what if you have two girls they can share a room and CS should not be higher? They eat more, need more clothes. I just don't think you can pinpoint a childs share of the rent, do the guidelines take into account sex, I mean a daughter probably uses more clothes than a son and could even eat less. There are so many variables, it is impossible to figure all scenarios.

Again, apples and oranges. It APPEARS (and I may be wrong here since finding you owe CS so that you may be arguing for a reduction in CS for all NCPs) that you don't think CS should INCREASE because of these issues. And yet NO ONE here argued for increasing CS because of housing. Someone just wanted to know what the CURRENT CS covers. And housing and food, utilities, clothing, etc. etc. are what it covers. If the appearances are deceiving, maybe you just want NCPs to not have to pay for ANY of that, not have it figured into the current guidelines, change the guidelines and do away with it all, so that the NCP can pay a pittance and the CP foot the bigger bill....because "you would have been legally required to provide that room regardless".

#199426 - 03/02/07 01:28 AM Re: What is CS supposed to cover? [Re: Redlegg]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

And maybe the NCP can pay the upfront huge premium to enable you to switch companies to a new one after you've been with that same one for many years. Perhaps pay the excess for the larger monthly premiums too...since they want the change to be made to save a buck.

#199427 - 03/02/07 07:32 PM Re: Sometimes they don't... [Re: almostheaven]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

when they did the calculations, did they take the total costs from the intact family and divide it according to income, or did they take the total cost, decrease a bit for the reduced SOL due to two homes, and then divide it by income?

---&gt; They use the "intact family" stardard which is a false standard simply because you cannot support two households at the same SOL with the same income that once supported one. And there is some recognition of that fact...which is why the SOL ONLY applies to one household instead of two and why FRGs come up with the term "hidden alimony".

And...did they not do it like that in ANY state? Because not all states are the same guidelines.

---&gt; Tha actual caculations that are used to determine the two models are the same regardless of which state you live in...the difference lies in the "median" figures used.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: