Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#199960 - 02/28/07 08:18 PM Contempt
Dee78 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: TN
I'm just wandering what others experience has been with contempt charges. I called last month and asked that they file contempt charges against the girls' father since he hadn't paid since Oct. They started the process but it is still in the "review" stage of the process. He made a payment a few weeks after the contempt charges were filed. In your experience do they usually continue with the contempt charges or stop because a single payment is made?

I know that the judge will probably consider the fact that he is "making an effort" but I want to continue to process because he isn't going to continue paying and I'd rather have it started now than wait until he goes another 3 months without paying.

#199961 - 02/28/07 08:27 PM Re: Contempt [Re: Dee78]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well...in my case...the contempt papers were prepared in July 2006...and they still aren't filed in the court yet. I don't know HOW many times I have called CSS to get them on the ball. This is the longest it has ever taken to file with them.

#199962 - 02/28/07 08:36 PM Re: Contempt [Re: M5M5]
Dee78 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: TN
THAT'S reassuring!!! LOL The last time I filed the contempt charges it only took a few weeks for them to file it. I'm hoping that it won't be much longer.

#199963 - 02/28/07 09:12 PM Re: Contempt [Re: Dee78]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah the last time I did it..it took about a month or so. CSS sucks big time. I hate dealing with them.

#199964 - 03/04/07 11:07 PM Re: Contempt [Re: Dee78]
Bon Offline
enthusiast

CSE just filed contempt again on my ex. He was served on Feb 7 and our court date isn't until April 23rd. That is IF he doesn't ask for and get a continuance again. The last time we went through this they granted him a continuance and court was reset for 6 weeks later. So I am not planning on going to court until at least the beginning of June. He will pay right before court.

The only thing that MIGHT get him to pay sooner is that they put in for his driver's license to be suspended. He has till March 27th to pay or they suspend. BUT his license is already suspended right now so he probably won't care. It depends if he will get his license back for the other reasons. Right now he owes 6 months of support.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: