Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#21447 - 07/19/05 05:27 PM and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say.
ginagina Offline
recently joined

is it just me, or does anyone else feel this way. At first it seemed like the court system, but at my last meeting with my lawyer, she asked me to bring lots of documents, and then proceeded to knock everything.I've done what she asked, and then i get penalized forit. I have called a few other lawyers, to get a second opinion, but i am geting that too. They ask what has happend,i explain, and then they continue to negate me, invalidate my feelings, and pick on any mistake i make(?) This is important to me. i am gunshy to try calling anyone else. it is as if i am being censored. (when i've told my present lawyer about abusive care of my children from my soon to be ex, she said, well it only happened once.(!) ) I am not wure who to turn to? Any advice?

#21448 - 07/19/05 05:28 PM Re: and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say. [Re: ginagina]
ginagina Offline
recently joined

*sure*

#21449 - 07/19/05 07:59 PM Re: and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say. [Re: ginagina]
dgzbb Offline
recently joined

Loc: Texas
You need to clarify a little--what has your lawyer asked you to do? What is she 'knocking'? What abusive behavior occurred? Without those answers, the only answer I KNOW to give is that lawyers are not concerned with hurt or any other feelings you may have. They are there to do a job for you. I know it's difficult, but try to understand they have no emotional stake in this...that all comes from you, and it is easy, when you are involved in a nasty divorce, to interpret their objectivity as insensitivity. If you are concerned about your atty's abilities, then by all means, seek another.

#21450 - 07/20/05 12:47 AM Re: and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say. [Re: dgzbb]
ginagina Offline
recently joined

the day before a motion for increased support, she asked that i bring copies of all current bills, a sample budget to show my shortfall, and employment attempts. she knocked the employment attempts( there were email, in person interview and corresp. examples) Seemed to dowgrade me as a stay at home mom, and tried to convince me , with alot of pressure,to work where my soon to be ex works. HE left he children in a van , at at lake,on a saturday visitation while he and his brother went swimming out of view. He left them in the van while he went on a parade of homes tour. and he went in restaaurant with his family for about an hour , and told the kids thaey could run around the community. They felt safer in the van. ( 10and 12). And I guess you are right, their objectivity could be seen as insensitivity.

#21451 - 07/20/05 11:28 AM Re: and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say. [Re: ginagina]
ginagina Offline
recently joined

I forgot to mention that my lawyer states that his lawyer is pushing ,and it will happen, to impute my income to lessen the support we get. This is very scary, and she offers no blocks or protection strategies.

#21452 - 07/20/05 01:42 PM Re: and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say. [Re: ginagina]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
That is because there is no block or strategy. Many people have their income imputed, that is standard in my state.

#21453 - 07/21/05 01:43 PM Re: and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say. [Re: Miranda]
ginagina Offline
recently joined

why does this system work against women and children?

#21454 - 07/21/05 01:57 PM Re: and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say. [Re: ginagina]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
The same could be said for men/fathers.

#21455 - 07/21/05 09:51 PM This is the price we pay for divorce... [Re: Miranda]
dgzbb Offline
recently joined

Loc: Texas
Because people learn to be selfish and not to work out their differences. My ex is sick, but he could have chosen, at any point, to come to counseling. He did not, and then went on to prove to me that he could hurt me. He was right--he can. I am struggling every second of every day not to give in to the bitterness and turn vindictive and hateful, and sometimes, even if it's only in my head, I still call him my ex-hole and wish he'd drop dead. Not a very pretty or flattering thing to know about yourself, I don't think.

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: