Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 21 of 42 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 41 42 >
Topic Options
#225191 - 05/05/07 09:24 PM Re: so you were thankful for your lousy $100 [Re: Grace]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]Damn, I've missed a lot. . .

So, when your ex left you for something better than you and your child, how did he manage to make $125,000 while he was in school with no job?

I think it's good that you're independent and can take care of you and your kids with no help. Now when you get left again for something better, you can just say "no" to CS and do your part in not creating another deadbeat. [/quote]

He went to college until my DS was 4 years old. During that time he only had to pay the state minumum of $100 per month. He now does something with computers and is making $125,000. The kicker is, The state of Nevada maxed out at $500 per month no matter how much the absentg parent was making. So I had a court order for $500 per month but POS still never paid. That's where my wonderful DH steps up to the plate and adopts my DS. I would rather my son have a real father than $500 per month.

#225192 - 05/05/07 09:26 PM Re: WTF? [Re: Melody]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]Can you not read? You used the incorrect word "to" when you meant "too", as in more than necessary....

You have no business putting down other people on this board with your ridiculous assumptions and judgements! Go away before a house falls on you! [/quote]

Oops, my bad, should have went past the third grade, damn Alabama!

#225193 - 05/05/07 09:29 PM Re: Coming from a troll... [Re: BeckaLeigh]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]That is bull hockey. My X got TANF when he had custody of our kids, even though I was paying support, and he still owes it back to this day. My friend who recieved TANF for a bit gets $50 out of her CS checks and the rest goes to the state to pay back the TANF. So, know what you are talking about before opening that piehole of yours. [/quote]

The state will only take money out of your child support if you are receiving TANF. They cannot make you pay the debt back if you are not receiving TANF. Your freind has received a overpayment for lying on her application or failing to tell the state she was employed while recieiving TANF. She lied to you...not a very good friend if you ask me.

#225194 - 05/05/07 09:30 PM Re: You assume too much [Re: Melody]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]We weren't ALL left, ya know....some of us did the leaving! [/quote]

If you left and ex isin't paying CS then you should DEFINATELY not be complaining.

#225195 - 05/05/07 09:32 PM Re: so you were thankful for your lousy $100 [Re: BeckaLeigh]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]Found something better? How do you figure you can find anything better than your own KIDS? That was the most ignorant statement I have seen out of you yet, and you have done some whoppers. So, I made my ex a deadbeat to teh tune of $7200 because I cant accept he found something better? Hmmmm. I WISH. Deadbeats create themselves. They CHOOSE bot to pay, and alot of the time, disappear from the child(ren)'s lives. But, there are those deadbeats like mine who dont and wont ever willingly support the two children we created together, and then turns around and hollars about his rights. Maybe I should introduce you two, you would get along wonderfully. You made me absolutely sick with that one sentence. [/quote]

Actually I found someone better than the POS that did not want to be a father to my DS. Comprehension 101.

#225196 - 05/05/07 09:37 PM Re: Ok, but [Re: BeckaLeigh]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]How does that differ from actually having a job? If you get a job, you wait your required time wo get a check, whether it be weekly or bi-weekly. [/quote]

But the difference is, the unemployed get a check the same day their TANF is approved, come October they will have to wait up to 2 months before getting a TANF check...so more and more people will not participate in the TANF program because they do not get immediate gratification. They will say, I don't want to work (which is the caes with 90% of all TANF cases) and they will NEVER see a dime of TANF money.

#225197 - 05/05/07 09:51 PM Re: so you were thankful for your lousy $100 [Re: joym525]
arvm Offline
journeyman

I agree. I'd rather "lose" the cs and have my partner adopt my youngest child. The BF has never seen DS and we're coming up on 2 years now. The really sad thing is he fought me for visitation and custody. What was the point? Anyway, in my state they will only consider adoption if the couple are married. We're not. My partner wants to, but the thought of marriage makes me hyperventilate.

#225198 - 05/05/07 10:24 PM Re: so you were thankful for your lousy $100 [Re: arvm]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]I agree. I'd rather "lose" the cs and have my partner adopt my youngest child. The BF has never seen DS and we're coming up on 2 years now. The really sad thing is he fought me for visitation and custody. What was the point? Anyway, in my state they will only consider adoption if the couple are married. We're not. My partner wants to, but the thought of marriage makes me hyperventilate. [/quote]

I think it is a wise idea for you to wait until you are married before having a man adopt your child. Maybe ex will come around. My DS father called out of the blue when DS was 6 years old. But that was the only time.

Good luck. And feel lucky you have found a man to love your child for now anyways.

Best of luck to you!

#225199 - 05/05/07 10:24 PM Re: Ok, but [Re: joym525]
nrvouswrk Offline
Pooh-Bah

But the difference is, the unemployed get a check the same day their TANF is approved, come October they will have to wait up to 2 months before getting a TANF check...so more and more people will not participate in the TANF program because they do not get immediate gratification. They will say, I don't want to work (which is the caes with 90% of all TANF cases) and they will NEVER see a dime of TANF money.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Joy, we went through this last night. It isn't the case. When someone applies for cash aid, they are evaluated for immediate need and that will continue. They are put on the work program and will continue to do so. As long as they are cooperating with the program requirements, they will get a check. They won't be waiting 2 months.

There was nothing in the regs that I posted to you last night to support what you are saying.

In regards to you telling another poster that her friend lied to her about the $50...again we went over that last night. If child support is being paid for children who are on aid, it is taken to offset the cash aid being paid out. The client doesn't receive any of that CS except a $50 disregard (cash payment) that is sent to her. That money is still counted as unearned income in her FS case.

You keep making all of these wild statements, yet refuse to site your sources. I asked you at least 4 times where you were getting your information from, and you have as yet to answer. As a result, your credibility is lessoned.

#225200 - 05/05/07 10:32 PM Re: Ok, but [Re: nrvouswrk]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote] Joy, we went through this last night. It isn't the case. When someone applies for cash aid, they are evaluated for immediate need and that will continue. They are put on the work program and will continue to do so. As long as they are cooperating with the program requirements, they will get a check. They won't be waiting 2 months.

There was nothing in the regs that I posted to you last night to support what you are saying.

In regards to you telling another poster that her friend lied to her about the $50...again we went over that last night. If child support is being paid for children who are on aid, it is taken to offset the cash aid being paid out. The client doesn't receive any of that CS except a $50 disregard (cash payment) that is sent to her. That money is still counted as unearned income in her FS case.

You keep making all of these wild statements, yet refuse to site your sources. I asked you at least 4 times where you were getting your information from, and you have as yet to answer. As a result, your credibility is lessoned. [/quote]

The article you posted is 2 years old. There have been major changes to Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) since 2005. Clients will now have to work 40 hours a week for 2 months before recieving a TANF check. The reason you are not aware of the new laws is because , while you wokr with Social Services, you do not work in a TANF unit. And these changes take affect 1 October 2007. States get money from the Federal government for meeting participation rates (you should be familiar with this term since you work in social services). If California does not meet these participation rates...ie 50% one parent families and 90% 2 parent families must be working 40 hours week or they do not get a check.

like I said yesterday, call a TANF supervisor in your company on Monday and they will explain the chnages to you. Let me know what you find out.

Page 21 of 42 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 41 42 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: