Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 22 of 42 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42 >
Topic Options
#225201 - 05/05/07 10:40 PM Re: Ok, but [Re: joym525]
nrvouswrk Offline
Pooh-Bah

Once again you failed to answer my question. Why is that?

#225202 - 05/05/07 11:39 PM Re: Ok, but [Re: nrvouswrk]
preemiemom Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I am amazed! This thread is still going? And she STILL hasn't answered that most simple of questions?

Typically, Joy, when one spews out "facts" at the rate you have been over the last 24 hours, at SOME point they pony up some actual CREDENTIALS to back up the information they supply.

You've been asked NUMEROUS times where you get your supposed info from, but you evidently have selective reading ability, either that or you're just incredibly rude (which wouldn't come as a surprise given your postings) and are ignoring the question entirely.

If it is the latter, anything you say regarding welfare, TANF or anything financial whatsoever through the government should be considered as coming out of your vivid imagination.

#225203 - 05/05/07 11:45 PM Re: Ok, but [Re: preemiemom]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]I am amazed! This thread is still going? [/quote]

LOL! I know. I couldn't believe it either. I did not realize I was that intruiging.

#225204 - 05/05/07 11:54 PM Re: Ok, but [Re: joym525]
joym525 Offline
old hand

"welfare caseloads have fallen 75% since 1996; fewer than 65,000 families received assistance in May 2006, down from 275,050 ten years ago. Most experts agree that the declines were due to an improved economy, a “work first” approach that redirected the most employable TANF adults to low-wage jobs, and other policy changes that made it harder to enter and stay on TANF. "

"New requirements in the 2006 federal Deficit Reduction Act (DRA) may worsen these trends. The DRA raised effective “work participation” targets (the percentage of recipients meeting work requirements) for states without giving them significant new resources to fund child care or employment and training programs. The regulations recently issued to implement the law make it harder for states to design effective welfare-to-work programs and meet the higher participation targets. Together these changes create an incentive for states to serve fewer families, particularly those recipients who face the greatest barriers to employment and are therefore the hardest and most expensive to serve. "

www.cppp.org/files/3/pop%20TANF%20at%2010.pdf

#225205 - 05/06/07 12:06 AM Re: Ok, but [Re: joym525]
joym525 Offline
old hand

"The DRA requires most states to increase the share of TANF recipients engaged in countable work activities such as community service or job training. However, the final interim regulations issued in June to implement the new law will make it harder for Texas to achieve the higher work participation targets. The rigidity of these new rules combined with a lack of additional resources gives states a clear incentive to reduce their caseloads even further."

"Since the enactment of TANF in 1996, states have always been required to engage 50% of all TANF families and 90% of two-parent families in work activities. Before the DRA passed, most states never had to meet the work participation requirements (as a result of the credit they received for reducing caseloads). Because welfare reform centered on reducing welfare caseloads, the original TANF law included a “caseload reduction credit” that states could use to lower their work participation targets. Texas had such huge caseload declines following welfare reform that the state effectively reduced its work participation rate targets to zero. The DRA recalibrated the base year for calculating this credit from 1995 to 2005. This means Texas will have a much smaller caseload reduction credit than it has had in the past; as a result, the state will now be required to meet the 50% and 90% rates. "

What does this mean - You (generic you) will not get a TANF check until you are working 40 hours week because the state will not meet their participation rate if they do.

#225206 - 05/06/07 12:18 AM Re: Ok, but [Re: joym525]
Rebecca5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Down home.
Unless your state is working on caseload reduction credit, unless you (gen.) meet some of the exclusions or if you participate in some of the programs that meet the "countable work activities."

And then....they're just redistributing the funds, because at a 40 hour work week, most people no longer qualify for TANF....so they'll pay all of your daycare instead, keep paying your medical and keep giving you food stamps. It's not like people are living high on the hog off TANF. What's the average? Around $200 a month?

#225207 - 05/06/07 12:23 AM Re: Ok, but [Re: Rebecca5]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]Unless your state is working on caseload reduction credit, unless you (gen.) meet some of the exclusions or if you participate in some of the programs that meet the "countable work activities."

And then....they're just redistributing the funds, because at a 40 hour work week, most people no longer qualify for TANF....so they'll pay all of your daycare instead, keep paying your medical and keep giving you food stamps. It's not like people are living high on the hog off TANF. What's the average? Around $200 a month? [/quote]

Actually people on TANF continue to receive their grant for many months after starting their jobs. They get their income disregarded. The reason states do this is because they only want working individuals on the TANF program so they (the state) is meeting participation rates and continue to get their money from the federal government.

#225208 - 05/06/07 12:26 AM Re: Ok, but [Re: joym525]
Rebecca5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

That's a state-by-state choice, and not true in this state. The money is simply put towards other benefits for the family.

#225209 - 05/06/07 12:30 AM Re: Ok, but [Re: Rebecca5]
joym525 Offline
old hand

[quote]That's a state-by-state choice, and not true in this state. The money is simply put towards other benefits for the family. [/quote]

Right, so the point is TANF is going bye bye. In your state, in my state, in every state.

#225210 - 05/06/07 12:34 AM Re: Ok, but [Re: joym525]
Rebecca5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I guess I don't see what the issue is, honestly. TANF accounts for a very small portion of assistance provided to families, and has a much lower threshold for qualification. People will get assistance....cash and/or non-cash. If we don't call it "TANF," we'll call it something else.

Page 22 of 42 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: