Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#231533 - 05/18/07 07:59 PM Upset & Angry
tnsad Offline
recently joined

I am so upset. I am supposed to get married the end of June. My fiance just called to say that his former wife did not sign all the papers for the divorce and when he called her she said "Without some major changes in these papers I am not signing anything." The children are grown up 18 & 22. She said she did not want to be married to him. I am not the cause of their breakup. He has been away from her for 7 years. She is in TN and he is in GA I knew him before he left but he was using drugs and that screwed up their marriage. She just said thirty days ago that I was a nice woman and loved him and he should marry me. He left to get clean and is doing great. She said she didn't want him. I am so upset. I told him to take care of this last year and I thought it was done. He thought all was well and he just had to finish paying the lawyer and it would be settled without going to court. Now she has flipped on what she was going to do. I am screwed if she doesn't sign right?

#231534 - 05/20/07 04:43 PM Re: Upset & Angry [Re: tnsad]
matart1 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I am screwed if she doesn't sign right?
>>>>

yep unless you move to Utah....lol.

there has been a separation for 7 yrs and a lawyer fees involved - what was the lawyer paid to do and where is the proof of divorce..??

you can't just assume that it was taken care of....

how long were they married..? sounds lengthy given even the time for separation.

at the time they separated was there a separartion agreement that divided the assests or properties..?

his stbx may have been nice and you may not be the cause but there appears to be a lot of unresolved issues going on here......she sounds very angry at your impending marriage and may do everything possible to see that it does not take place in June.

you need to talk to this lawyer and find out exactly what he was doing with the money that was supposed to pay for a divorce.....

it takes 2 people to marry and 1 person to divorce, proceedings may be stretched out over time but the divorce will occur regardless.

#231535 - 04/26/08 08:22 PM Re: Upset & Angry [Re: matart1]
Yikez Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
lordy lordy hun,
Soo sad to hear you are going through this.
Be patient and make sure the divorce is final..She is not worth going to penitentary over
good luck child

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: