Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#241863 - 06/09/07 04:54 PM Less than 2-year marriage property settlement?
UnhappyCamper Offline
recently joined

Loc: Chicago
My wife and I have been married slightly under two years. After 2 months I became concerned with the change in her behavior (always arguing, no drivers license, no job or interest in working) and suggested we might have made a mistake and should consider divorce.
She apologizes and asks we try again. She becomes pregnant (making divorce impossible in Indiana) and resumes her previous behavior. Our little girl is happy, healthy and a blessisng from God. My spouse cares for the baby, I work, do the housework, etc.
My spouse has developed the nasty habit of calling the police if she feels I don't give her enough attention, is bored, unhappy, etc. She began threatening to slander me where I work, etc. I filed a protection order to restrain her from my workplace. All this week she has called the police to the house and on Friday she took our daughter to a womens shelter - where she called me and demanded I sign a paper promising to give her more attention at home.
I'm really unhappy with what I percieve as a self-destructive "slippery slope" I really don't want to see destroy my life and ruin my baby's chances of a happy, normal, life.

I'm thinking that if it's going to end - better sooner than later. Any thoughts on what spousal maintenance she can expect? She has master's degree, and is healthy (but lazy)

#241864 - 06/09/07 05:55 PM Re: Less than 2-year marriage property settlement? [Re: UnhappyCamper]
Relayer Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Moorglade Mover
[quote]My wife and I have been married slightly under two years. After 2 months I became concerned with the change in her behavior (always arguing, no drivers license, no job or interest in working) and suggested we might have made a mistake and should consider divorce.
She apologizes and asks we try again. She becomes pregnant (making divorce impossible in Indiana)

---> No it does not in the least

and resumes her previous behavior. Our little girl is happy, healthy and a blessisng from God. My spouse cares for the baby, I work, do the housework, etc.
My spouse has developed the nasty habit of calling the police if she feels I don't give her enough attention, is bored, unhappy, etc. She began threatening to slander me where I work, etc. I filed a protection order to restrain her from my workplace. All this week she has called the police to the house and on Friday she took our daughter to a womens shelter - where she called me and demanded I sign a paper promising to give her more attention at home.
I'm really unhappy with what I percieve as a self-destructive "slippery slope" I really don't want to see destroy my life and ruin my baby's chances of a happy, normal, life.

I'm thinking that if it's going to end - better sooner than later. Any thoughts on what spousal maintenance she can expect? She has master's degree, and is healthy (but lazy) [/quote]

---->yes they do...all the time..so do some attorneys

#241865 - 06/14/07 11:48 AM Re: Less than 2-year marriage property settlement? [Re: Relayer]
UnhappyCamper Offline
recently joined

Loc: Chicago
I having a bit of trouble understaanding your answer. I'm sure it's my fault.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: