Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#246747 - 06/22/07 03:46 PM Lawyer issue help
Bootsie Offline
recently joined

I just received an email from my attorney, resenting my term of "staff" for the associates that work for her. She is so bitter towards me it is baffling. This attorney came highly recommended verbally and in print so I thought I was going to be really well represented, and this is not the case. She sent her associates for mediation and it was a fiasco. I get that she wants me to fire her, but I have invested too much money now. I have been advised to stick it out and collect enough information to file for misrepresentation if she continure to perform poorly. Is this common or are most other divorce lawyers more invested in their client's best interest? I am also concerned I may get the same issue in another attorney. My case is cut and dry but i just want her to negotiate the fringe issues and it seems to be too much of a bother fot her. I pay plenty and on time for her services.

#246748 - 07/22/07 01:41 AM Re: Lawyer issue help [Re: Bootsie]
Dish Offline
recently joined

That really sounds odd- my attorney makes no bones about being MY attorney. Can you confront her directly? Just ask what her problem is, and why she is sending associates when she should be there herself.

#246749 - 07/24/07 11:43 PM Re: Lawyer issue help [Re: Bootsie]
jhan6120 Offline
journeyman

Tell her straight up that you're the one paying her and not the other way around. Plenty of lawyers think they're God's gift. Not true. They're a dime a dozen.

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: