Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#266824 - 10/11/07 02:20 AM Re: pension [Re: natural]
jaiye Offline
old hand

Sounds pretty fair to me. You definately want all funds that you pay out in the form of alimoney because you can deduct that and you don't pay taxes on it and she would have to claim it as income. If you all have joint debt you might be better off paying it yourself and making her half come out of joint assets so that you can make sure they are paid. More than one person on these forums have had thier X's ordered to pay debts that have not been paid and it messes up thier credit.. You really need to be in charge of making sure they are paid.

#266825 - 11/24/07 02:19 PM Re: pension [Re: natural]
1956 Offline
recently joined

My husband an I have been together for 10 years, married for 4. He has started drinking and running around with a women. Don't know how long I can stand this. What are my chances of recieving any of his 401 retirement. Our home was bought 5 months before our marriage, but not paid for.

#266826 - 11/25/07 04:06 PM Re: pension [Re: jaiye]
Goodmom Offline
Pooh-Bah

Quote:
Sounds pretty fair to me. You definately want all funds that you pay out in the form of alimoney because you can deduct that and you don't pay taxes on it and she would have to claim it as income. If you all have joint debt you might be better off paying it yourself and making her half come out of joint assets so that you can make sure they are paid. More than one person on these forums have had thier X's ordered to pay debts that have not been paid and it messes up thier credit.. You really need to be in charge of making sure they are paid.

Division of assets is not alimony. And this includes the division of 401K's and pension plans.

#266827 - 11/25/07 04:09 PM Re: pension [Re: natural]
Goodmom Offline
Pooh-Bah

The only problem with you paying the marital debt by giving her alimony to pay them is that she doesn't have to pay them. And if she doesn't pay, the creditors will come after you if your name is on the debt.

Considering your length of marriage, you are probably looking at long-term alimony anyway. Work on having the monthly amount lower in place of you taking on the debt.

#266828 - 12/15/07 09:40 PM Re: pension [Re: natural]
freefalling Offline
recently joined

I HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY INCOME. I WAS RECENTLY TOLD HE FILED A QDRO ON MY DISABILITY INCOME FOM MY WORK. THEY ARE HOLDING THE FUNDS TILL HE GETS THE COURT ORDER. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HE CAN FILE A QDRO ON MY SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY INCOME??

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: