Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#278111 - 09/04/07 02:32 AM question for changing child support order in WI.
butterfly1964 Offline
recently joined

HI, if a couple are legal residents from wisconsin and then they move to pennsylvania ( he joined the navy and was stationed in penn.) they are going thru a divorce now, she walked out to be with someone else. well she decides to move back to her home state of wisconsin with thier youngest son. can the ex husband file new child support orders in wisconsin even tho child support was first established in pennsylvania?

#278112 - 09/04/07 03:30 AM Re: question for changing child support order in WI. [Re: butterfly1964]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Does the father live in Wisconsin or Penn. ?

#278113 - 09/04/07 11:22 AM Re: question for changing child support order in WI. [Re: googledad]
butterfly1964 Offline
recently joined

the father is stationed at andrews airforce base in maryland he is in the navy, but he and his ex wife are both legal residents of wisconsin.where their children were born that I dont know, all I know is that he filed for divorce in Penn. and that is where child support was established, she became a resident of Penn. but he did not.They have joint custody.

#278114 - 09/06/07 04:19 AM Re: question for changing child support order in WI. [Re: butterfly1964]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

since neither parent lives in Penn. anymore , and both parents are legal residents of Wisc. , Wisc. will eventually assume jurisdiction .

#278115 - 11/18/07 11:12 PM Re: question for changing child support order in WI. [Re: googledad]
Mom27 Offline
journeyman

We live in WI and my X and my DH's X both live in MN. We had considered moving the CS case for DH's X to WI (he has custody; she pays CS). We were told that as long as 1 of the parents live in the state where the original order is from that it cannot be moved. In your question, it sounds like neither one of the parties are in PA anymore. The XW and child are in WI, right? If so, I would think the case should be able to be moved to WI, especially if both parties agree.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: