Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#293578 - 10/06/07 03:42 AM Need to know the rules of an annulment- help!
thecatswillgetme Offline
recently joined

Basicly my husband and I got married almost a year ago- its not really working out and the whole thing has been a joke- we got married in the courthouse with no one there because we were suppose to go away to have the actual ceremony and we were basically bribbed into doing it. We were stupid kids and did. Half our families dont even know about nor do I want them too. I just want this whole thing to go away- we are now having massive problems and probably wont stay together anyways. We both discussed and we dont need to go to court- we can figure out everything between us- we still get along well (as friends) and live together. Is there anyway we can just sign something and file and not have to go to court? We are both totally broke and I have social anxiety. If anyone knows anything it would be greatly appreciated!

#293579 - 10/06/07 04:14 AM Re: Need to know the rules of an annulment- help! [Re: thecatswillgetme]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Forget about annulment , you'll have to divorce . There are specific legal grounds for an annulment and being young & dumb doesn't qualify .

Edited by googledad (10/06/07 04:18 AM)

#293580 - 10/07/07 02:10 AM Re: Need to know the rules of an annulment- help! [Re: googledad]
thecatswillgetme Offline
recently joined

I was asking about the criteria and I do not need your comment about being dumb. I thought this website was suppose to be helpful and non-judgemental but apparently its just a place for people to get together and act like jerks. Have a great life and I hope you find happiness somewhere because obviously your not there yet and I wont be coming back.

#293581 - 10/08/07 05:01 AM Re: Need to know the rules of an annulment- help! [Re: thecatswillgetme]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm sorry , but I believe you said you were "stupid kids"( young & dumb ) . I gave you a legal answer to your question , you can't get an annulment without proving fraud or incapacity .

#293582 - 10/11/07 08:31 PM Re: Need to know the rules of an annulment- help! [Re: thecatswillgetme]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
Unfortunately, you will not be able to get an annualment since you don't have "grounds" and it's been more than a year, but you can get a hassle free divorce and get your maiden name back.

Now there are three ways to do this...you can download the forms from the Internet (http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/SuperiorCourt/Self-ServiceCenter/Forms/FamilyCourt/fc_dr7.asp), fill them out and file or you can hire a paralegal or legal document preparation service to prepare the forms for you, but in either case, you will have to appear before the Judge.

Or you can hire an attorney for a few more bucks and while s/he can clearly only "represent" one of you...ya'll won't have to go to court.

Your choice.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: