Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#298152 - 10/16/07 02:42 PM child support
barrymclark Offline
recently joined

Registered: 07/31/07
Posts: 5
I just learned of new laws enacted this past January.

I just want to make sure I understand the intention of these laws.

You take your gross combined income which in my case is 6000. From there, if you have two kids, both parents must make a total contribution of 1384 per month to the children's well being. Based on what percentage of the total monthly income each parent makes determines what percentage of the child support each parent owes. In my case, I make 75 percent if the income and would therefore be responsible for supplying 75 percent of the monthly contribution and she would make up the other 25 percent. If had the children 75 percent of the time, then no money would change hands. If the time is equally shared, then I would give the ex wife 25 percent of the contribution so that she can contribute 50 percent.

Am I on the right path? I know there are always exceptions, but do I have the right idea?

Top
#298153 - 04/26/08 08:20 PM Re: child support [Re: barrymclark]
Yikez Offline
newbie

Registered: 03/30/08
Posts: 47
Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I think you have the right idea, Check your county's local webiste hun, they usually will have a child support calculator.
_________________________
Della in Georgia

Top

Moderator:  dsAdmin 


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: