Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#30723 - 09/09/05 11:14 PM Need Help With Modification Papers
Indianalady Offline
recently joined

I'm in need of the right papers to file for modifiction of child support and custody. My ex got custody of our son in Oct. 1999 and he has ruined my sons life. He didn't want him he just didn't want to pay me child support any longer. Every since he's had custody, he has had my son in mental and correctional facilities. I am the one that has taken care of him since he has been incarcerated the last 19 months... clothes, visits and now driving 9 hour round trips to bring him home for home visits. My ex has done absolutely nothing since he has been locked up. Each facility that he has been at knows that I'm the one that is doing everything for him and I want him back home with me. He is ready to be released but they want me to have custody to make the transition easier to obtain. I tried today 9/8/05 to file the papers myself but was told I didn't get the right one or to take my chance with a judge to proceed or he'd throw it out due to not filing right modification papers for custody and child support I owe ( but he has not been in exes household most of the time he has had him). Please someone tell me what papers I need to file this myself, I can't afford a lawyer and the legal aid won't help to due to less manpower and I live in the county over from where my divorce was held.

#30724 - 07/17/06 05:19 AM Re: Need Help With Modification Papers [Re: Indianalady]
das555 Offline

Loc: Indiana
I know it will cost you some money, but it is worth it to hire an attorney. Keep a log and receipts of everything you have provided him while incarcerated as well as the amount of support you've paid WHILE paying for everything else. You should also get with any counselors that are working with your son and perhaps obtain afidavits from them as to yours being the hoousehold of choice when he is released.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: