Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#315604 - 11/20/07 05:55 PM looking ahead
gch Offline
recently joined

My wife and I are undoubtedly headed for a divorce in the future and I am trying to plan ahead for myself and kids. The best thing would be that I would get custody of my girls but I have to be realistic so my question is this--I work full time (2 jobs) my wife does not work at all, I know that in Wisconsin child support will be 25% of my salary before taxes. Any idea how much maintenance will be? I make about $70000. per year. If it is half of that, does she get half before the support is taken out ($35000) or half after the support is taken out. Thank you

#315605 - 11/26/07 07:57 PM Re: looking ahead [Re: gch]
Debi Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

WI is very anti spousal support so unless she has been a SAHM for many years or is disabled it will be unlikely you will have to pay much if any and it's doubtful it would be more than 2 years. I have never heard of anyone getting half of their X's salary for SS in WI.

As for custody WI doesn't neccesarily do a straight 25 percent. CS is based off of the number of overnights you have each month. You do NOT have to settle for EOW. Why not try for 50/50 placement? WI is very pro 50/50 and in most cases if one parent asks for it the other has to prove why they should not have it. In that case your CS would go down significantly and it would lessen the chances of SS. (which is slim anyway)

I don't check this board often. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

#315606 - 11/28/07 07:53 PM Re: looking ahead [Re: Debi]
gch Offline
recently joined

thank you very much

#315607 - 12/17/08 11:23 PM Re: looking ahead [Re: gch]
12girl12girl12 Offline
recently joined

Well...Im glad you want custody of your girls and all...but I think you should make sure they want to live with you first.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: