Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#336435 - 01/14/08 04:44 AM Cannot find wife, how to file divorce
Elmansa Offline
recently joined

Here is a tough one. Got married in 1997, parted ways 8 months later. She promised to send me the divorce papers but never did. Have not spoken to her ever since. Got married in 2000 and have been married to her with a child now. How can I find out if my ex-wife has filed for divorce anywhere else? I know in CA there is nothing filed against me. How do I get divorced from her due to inability to find her? Any help is appreciated.

#336436 - 01/15/08 08:11 AM Re: Cannot find wife, how to file divorce [Re: Elmansa]
CTmomma Offline
recently joined

you were married...but don't know if you are divorced from your first wife..when you married your second...I'm no lawyer, but I think what you did is called bigamy..do you know any of the first wife's family or friends??? you need to find some way of tracking her so you don't get in trouble, maybe try looking on line for her...type in her name and any info you have and maybe you'll get a hit... if not maybe you should talk to a lawyer and explain your situation...sooner rather than later...good luck to you

#336437 - 02/02/08 06:13 PM Re: Cannot find wife, how to file divorce [Re: CTmomma]
Avaya Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Arkansas
Dude! You are Not married to your second 'wife'!!!!! How could you marry her knowing you weren't divorced from your first wife? You certainly need a lawyer to figure out how to fix this. What does your current 'wife' think about all of this?

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: