Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#34510 - 10/04/05 08:53 PM Child support question
megan Offline
recently joined

Registered: 10/04/05
Posts: 4
Currently my ex and I have a child support order, which is no longer needed. Does anyone know what steps are needed to ask the court to stop the child support?

#34511 - 11/10/05 02:28 PM Re: Child support question [Re: megan]
DanH Offline

Registered: 08/23/04
Posts: 77
I believe all that needs to happen, is you need to file an order with the court terminating the child support order. If the child(ren) are emancipated, the court merely needs to be notified of it.


#34512 - 12/08/05 08:37 PM Re: Child support question [Re: megan]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 06/02/04
Posts: 20602
Loc: Third rock from the sun
You will need to file a motion to Modify Child Support and explain to the courts why CS is no longer needed. I have included a link to forms as provided by Maricopa County which you should be able to use in any county.
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: