Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#354751 - 02/20/08 08:37 PM Visitation question
absmom Offline
recently joined

We've not had our final hearing yet. The kids live with me, my husband has "reasonable visitation with reasonable notice" per the temp. order hearing. He saw them the weekend after that hearing, but has made no attempt to see them in 6 1/2 weeks. I personally am okay with this because he's not a good father and because the kids flat out don't care. I would never try to stop him from seeing them, but will it count against me in court if I don't call him and try to get him to see them? Am I supposed to be making his efforts for him since he isn't?

#354752 - 04/13/09 09:12 PM Re: Visitation question [Re: absmom]
Nammyphoenix Offline
recently joined

That is a good question. I wish I had the answer. My ex once accused me of pawning the kids off on him because I tried everything I could to get him to take his own kids for Christmas. Why did I do this, you might ask? They thought his father was dying and I wanted the kids to spend the last Christmas they would have with their grandfather. I finally had to tell his mom what was going on and three days later he called me and asked if he could have them for Christmas because his father was dying. I couldn't believe it. He didn't even apologize to me or his kids. I found out later his girlfriend was behind it. Apparently he had plans with his married lover and didn't want to be inconvenienced by his children or his dying father.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: