My ex and I were divorced in a Massachusetts court. When she left she moved to Rhode Island, and I had convenient weekend visitation. She recently moved to Florida, without my consent or knowledge, and against her stated desires, and has taken my children. I was told that registering my divorce in Rhode Island would be helpful in any future custody issues. Also, I was told I would probably have to register the divorce in Florida.
How do I register a divorce in Rhode Island? I cannot afford an attorney, as I have no income and my wife received the bulk of our cash assets. Can I do this procedure without an attorney, and what do I need to do>