that the case is about. If your case is child support related, then I would simply object to any of the questions that does not relate directly to income. Then, if the other attorney wants to make a case for why he needs this information, he can explain it to the judge, who would either agree with him and order you to comply....or he would disagree and order that the particular request be deleted.

If the case is to establish custody or parenting time, it's quite possible that your associations might be part of the case to determine if the children would be well cared for, safe, protected, etc. It might seem overly invasive, but I could see how the information could be viewed as necessary to their case....depending upon the direction they were going with it.

Some of the discovery questions are inflammatory and may be put forth only as a means of annoying you. The deal is, you are NOT obligated to comply with any of them. However, your objection to each must be specifically stated and a reasonable argument. You can't just say "because I don't wanna". You have to basically argue

30-40 hours sounds about right. I know I spent more than that compiling what my ex's attorney demanded. I am grateful that my ex's attorney then billed him thousands of dollars for reviewing all of the crap that she requested that was really unnecessary and irrelevant to the outcome of the case. In return, my ex was given a set of interrogatories that mirrored what his attorney sent to me. My ex did not have an attorney who allowed him to do any of his own work on his case, and thus my ex had to produce all the documents and then his attorney charged him to review them, organize them, photocopy them, cross-reference them, place them into binders, categorize them, spreadsheet them, etc. It was fun.