Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#373428 - 04/02/08 12:56 AM Legitimizing Help
willshell Offline
recently joined

My fiance is currently married to a man in jail whos been locked up for a long time, but she has my son who is 5 years old and the husband in jail was incarcerated when he was conceived and born. She is now pregnant with my second child and in a Divorce from the guy in jail.
Im trying to enlist in the Army, but now am going to try to legitimize my son, but dont know how long it will take to complete.Anyone have any idea how long it will take to legititmize my son and the guy in jail she is divorcing received the divorce papers on the 27 of March.

ANyone know how long the divorce can take if they have nothing together.....PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE US SOME ADVICE.

#373429 - 04/02/08 04:17 AM Re: Legitimizing Help [Re: willshell]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

It depends on whether or not the terms of the divorce are contested . A simple , uncontested divorce can be granted 31 days after service . Issues of paternity can delay the process , as they are married , he is still legally the father .

#373430 - 04/02/08 03:35 PM Re: Legitimizing Help [Re: googledad]
willshell Offline
recently joined

Yes the divorce is Uncontested because we knew the guy in jail would make it difficult to divorce even though they have not been together for 8 years..........
Tomorrow I file to legitimize my son as there is no issue that I am the father.The legal husband was in jail the whole time my son was conceived and born and Im doing everything I can do as legitmizing my son to legally make him mine.Also, my fiance is pregnant with my second child and were hoping the divorce willbe final before she is born.

#373431 - 04/26/08 08:23 PM Re: Legitimizing Help [Re: willshell]
Yikez Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Sounds like ya'all are on the right track. I know it may take some time, but do it all legal, keep ya alls noses clean.

Good luck sweety

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: