Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#378060 - 04/12/08 04:08 PM Can my ex wife dictate who watches my kids
Pat71 Offline
recently joined

Loc: Oregon
Can my soon to be ex dictate who i have take my son to daycare after I go to work during my summer time with my kids? I leave at 4am for work and the daycare opens at 6:30. I have someone who is more than willing to take him when she goes to work, but my ex wants me to wake him up at 3:30 am to take him to her house so she can take him. I will have them for two week blocks in the summer. What should I do? :confused:

#378061 - 04/12/08 04:18 PM Re: Can my ex wife dictate who watches my kids [Re: Pat71]
Pops_IL_CP_Dad Offline
addict

Loc: Illinois
Why are you even listening to this noise? It's your time. Ignore her. Do what's best for your son and that isn't to wake him up in the middle of the night. Voice mail and answering machines serve useful purposes for ignoring the nut job's desire to continue to control you...

#378062 - 04/12/08 04:27 PM Re: Can my ex wife dictate who watches my kids [Re: Pops_IL_CP_Dad]
Pat71 Offline
recently joined

Loc: Oregon
I feel the same way. we are going through mediation for parenting time and it came to a schreeching halt. she said she is willing to go to court over it. I dont agree with her in the least. I feel it is my time and my decision.

Edited by Pat71 (04/12/08 04:32 PM)

#378063 - 07/04/08 03:05 AM Re: Can my ex wife dictate who watches my kids [Re: Pat71]
kaestu Offline
recently joined

It is unlikely that her attorney would recommend that she go to court over something as ridiculous as that. I think she is just trying to bully you into agreeing to her demands. Sounds like my friend's ex...she wants her cake and wants to eat it too. Doesn't want to be married to him, but still wants to run the "household."

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: