Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#395970 - 05/30/08 02:12 PM she wants to walk away
dangdog Offline
recently joined

Registered: 05/30/08
Posts: 1
I hope this is simple, we purchased a home together (title/loan both names) 2 yrs before marraige,been married only 1yr, I used my money for downpayment,we have no children, no other community property,she wants to walk away, I agree,she does not want house, she already has what she wants in the house, I have all forms. Now, do we still need to disclose seperate and community property, can we just notarize written agreement,and what is easiest way to change title to my name only. We do not have money to deal with lawyers and we dont want courts involved, we just want to move on.

#395971 - 05/30/08 05:32 PM Re: she wants to walk away [Re: dangdog]
Cinder2 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 06/02/05
Posts: 4361
Loc: Southern California
You can divorce pretty simply in California if you both agree to everything. I would recommend for your own safety that you hire a paralegal to do the paperwork for you. It will be a couple hundred dollars.


#395972 - 05/31/08 06:20 AM Re: she wants to walk away [Re: dangdog]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 12/31/05
Posts: 10213
what is easiest way to change title to my name only.

>>>>>>> A quitclaim deed will remove her name from the title , you'll have to refinance in your own name to remove her from the loan .
Careful. We don't want to learn from this.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: