Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#454041 - 10/27/08 02:49 PM Is this considered abuse of parental rights?
LauraE Offline
recently joined

Registered: 10/27/08
Posts: 1
I have not seen my ten year old in over a year and a half. Her father lives approx 45 minutes away from me in the middle of nowhere. I have tried taking him back to court to modify visits but they told me without an address they could not proceed with a hearing. Well the way it was written up her father is the residential caretaker with all parental decision making rights and visitation with me is at his digression. This order was put in after the judge found me to be "unstable" due to bi-polar disorder. Anyway he has refused to let me see her and has even gone as far as to tell my mother if she lets me see her or tells me where they live he will not let my mother ever see her either. What can I do??!Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#454042 - 10/04/09 11:09 PM Re: Is this considered abuse of parental rights? [Re: LauraE]
LuLubell Offline

recently joined

Registered: 09/26/09
Posts: 16
Where you not given any visitation during your divorce?? If you were and the father isn't abiding by them then you can take him back to court for contempt. Not to sound rude or anything but why has it taken you a year to do something??


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: