Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#466250 - 12/03/08 04:41 AM Husband left & emptied Bank Accounts
TeresaBlnd Offline
recently joined

A few weeks ago my husband left & emptied the bank accounts, took my cell phone, etc. Now he wants a quick divorce, just meet with a mediator, he says if I fight him, nothing will change & we will still end up in the same place. I was married to him for 28 years, am 50 years old and was a stay at home mom, which he never complained about until now, last year he grossed $130,000, this year he got shares (private) in the company & grossed $410,000 half went to a retirement fund one for the shares & the other a 401k. I don't know what to do,I don't want a quick divorce, I don't want a divorce.

#466251 - 12/03/08 03:48 PM Re: Husband left & emptied Bank Accounts [Re: TeresaBlnd]
johnson27 Offline
Pooh-Bah

You need to see about getting an attorney! You are more than likely entitled to alimony. Have you tried to talk to him about counseling? If he's that determined to get a divorce, there's not much you can do. But you do need to make sure you are legally protected.

#466252 - 03/09/09 02:09 AM Re: Husband left & emptied Bank Accounts [Re: johnson27]
amt Offline
recently joined

You are not just 'more than likely' but you will be entitled to spousal support.

I'm just so sorry - my husband of 25 years did the very same thing. 'Middle age crisis' strikes again!

A good attorney will take care of you now - get one asap.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: