Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#505925 - 04/13/09 11:02 PM unwed single Dad
century7 Offline

Registered: 04/13/09
Posts: 44
I have 1.5 year old boy. we were not married. long story short. My live in ex wants move to SC to be close to her 20 yr old daughter?! I have read every blogs, Iowa family laws. Does unwed Dad like me have rights not letting my child move out of state? correct?! :confused:

#505926 - 06/10/09 02:32 AM Re: unwed single Dad [Re: century7]
rannan3 Offline

recently joined

Registered: 06/07/09
Posts: 12
Are you named on the birth certificate ? Are you planning to try to prevent your son from leaving the state ? I would be seeking legal help fast. I'm not an attorney, but would think you do have some rights- if you assert them. Lots of attorneys will do a one time consultation for free, to assess your situation. That's how I would begin.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: