Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#506322 - 04/15/09 12:21 AM spousal support
tra Offline
recently joined

my ex wants spousal support--He works full time--he owns his own business. We have 2 kids and live in Wisconsin--he also wants child support 371. We have 50/50. We have been married for 14 years. He makes 40000 and I make 60000 a year. He has a college education as an architect. He gave up his career to start his own business I don't think I should pay SS. He wants 417 for 7 years

#506323 - 05/15/09 04:48 PM Re: spousal support [Re: tra]
Gestalt Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Wisconsin has online child support calculators, so you should be able to run the numbers and get a pretty close idea on who would owe who support and how much.

Not sure about the spousal support- but honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw it order when one of the parties was NOT a stay at home parent.

#506324 - 06/23/09 02:57 AM Re: spousal support [Re: tra]
Debi Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

WI is not pro spousal support and with what he makes he's not likely to get it. It's usually only reserved for a situation where the party doesn't work and needs time to retrain for the work force. As for CS you may end up paying him something since you make more even with 50/50 but I sincerely doubt it will be 371 a month. I know my x paid me 2.7% of his income a month for 2 kids. It amounted to approx 90.00 a month, so you might be looking at a max of 200 or so. Now we make about the same amount so CS is a wash.

#506325 - 06/15/10 07:00 PM Re: spousal support [Re: Debi]
WisRes Offline

journeyman

Could I ask what you ended up with? I am facing a similar scenario but the income difference is less and the self-employed spouse is also alcoholic. No children.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: