Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#529454 - 07/01/09 02:19 AM need serious advice
needofdirehelp Offline

recently joined

Registered: 07/01/09
Posts: 1
Hi, I am not sure where to turn and was hoping to ask for advice here. I am a mom of 2 little kids. I asked for a divorce and my husband became enraged. It grows all of the time and he has been physical with me and his rage grows in intensity as time continues. I am afraid where it will go. I want to leave but my family and friends i can rely on are across the border in and around chicago. I cant take my kids over state lines he threatened me with charging me with kidnapping. I need a lawyer thats very very very good and can guide me through the process. Can anyone give me advice on what i can do in the meantime? And does anyone know of a go get them lawyer who can guide me and be aggressive so I can remove myself from him so my kids and i can feel safe. I am in Lake county.

#529455 - 10/30/09 03:36 AM Re: need serious advice [Re: needofdirehelp]
Ares Offline

recently joined

Registered: 10/30/09
Posts: 2
I Suggest first going to the police and getting a restraining order if you feel that yourself and your children are being threatened in any way. I also suggest calling the bar association in lake county the can assist you on attorney's.

#529456 - 06/09/10 04:08 AM Re: need serious advice [Re: Ares]
wantingout Offline

recently joined

Registered: 06/09/10
Posts: 5
Also call your local Soljorn chapter, you can get a number for them from the police dept they help battered woman relocate and start over


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: