Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15 >
Topic Options
#537189 - 07/22/09 01:32 PM non custodial parent in jail
Danicori Offline

I went back to court yesterday due to the enforcement hearing , and he has made no payments in 6 months that they gave him to make some kind of payments, he did go to jail. They set his bond and sentanced him to 180 days of jail, the bond is no longer showing onine and i found out last night that he has a warrant in another county. Can they revoke his bond for the child support conempt because of a warrant in another county?

Now if he is in there for a while, do i have to let the kids go to his parents during his vistitation time ? No right ?

#537190 - 07/22/09 01:59 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Danicori]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

First of all - congrats to CSE for enforcing their rules. Maybe he'll shape up when he gets out. What's the other warrant for?

<<Now if he is in there for a while, do i have to let the kids go to his parents during his vistitation time ? No right ? >>

No, it's dad's visitation time, not grandparents' visitation time. Do you have a good relationship with them? Do your children?

#537191 - 07/22/09 02:15 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: JennyLynn]
Danicori Offline

the other warrant is for a speeding ticket back in nov of 2007,

I didnt have a real good relationship with them , and certainly after having his son locked up i wont have any better relationship with them , it will be worse now.

the NCP lives with his parents, so everytime he had his visitation the grandparents saw the kids

#537192 - 07/22/09 02:18 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Danicori]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I understand. Well, you are under no obligation to send your children to their dad's parents house during what would be his visitation or any other time if you choose not to.

I wouldn't think a warrant for a speeding ticket would override your case, but I'd assume it wouldn't be dealt with until after he gets out, but I'm not sure on that. How long will he be in jail for for nonpayment of CS?

#537193 - 07/22/09 02:40 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: JennyLynn]
Danicori Offline

well he was sentanced to 180 days and bail was set at $1320 ( he owes over $20000 ), but now when i check online ...his bail says zero

#537194 - 07/22/09 02:42 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Danicori]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Hmmm that's odd. Can you call CSE to see if he bonded out possibly?

#537195 - 07/22/09 04:04 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: JennyLynn]
Danicori Offline

and now online it is showing that he has been moved from the jail to our local low and high security prison type place .. i guess i will need to call and see wahts going on

#537196 - 07/22/09 04:05 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Danicori]
Avaya Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Arkansas
[quote]the NCP lives with his parents, so everytime he had his visitation the grandparents saw the kids [/quote]

You absolutely do not have to send your kids to his parents during his visitation time, BUT remember that the kids love their grandparents and many kids spend a lot of time with their grandparents. I would treat his parents the way you would WANT him to treat your parents in your absence.

#537197 - 07/22/09 04:33 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Avaya]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote][quote]the NCP lives with his parents, so everytime he had his visitation the grandparents saw the kids [/quote]

You absolutely do not have to send your kids to his parents during his visitation time, BUT remember that the kids love their grandparents and many kids spend a lot of time with their grandparents. I would treat his parents the way you would WANT him to treat your parents in your absence. [/quote]

Well, it appears the OP is so full of rage and hate for her ex, I don't think that will happen

#537198 - 07/22/09 05:02 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Yes_Dad]
Danicori Offline

I do know that they love their grandparents, and i am contemplating letting them see them , it all depends on what happens..

I just thought of something .. he owes the IRS some money , now would that be a reason they could revoke his bail? He owes about $10000, and this has been since 2001, and also he has not filed taxes in the last 6 years ,,, he didnt work much in that time but he did work...

I do not hate my X , It did break my heart a little to see him getting hand cuffed, but that is normal we have kids together and we have history ... I am not heartless... but what else was is suppose to do ? He wasnt paying he cant/ wont hold a job... he came to court chaging his story about having a job .. he told the enforcement office one thing then told the judge something different. He has not held a job for more than 4 months in the last 6 years how am i suppose to believe that he actually had a job and was going to keep it.. especially since he had 6 months to find a job , but claims that he found on on the day before we were suppose to go to court.

Edited by Danicori (07/22/09 05:02 PM)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: