Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 >
Topic Options
#537209 - 07/24/09 10:33 AM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Yes_Dad]
4Summer Offline

veteran

Yes Dad, if the NCP had broken the law in some other way, should he be let go because he has a child to take care of?

While I do agree that if the NCP is making every attempt possible to help support their child but still fall short, then they shouldn't be punished. BUT....if the NCP is deliberately running away from his/her responsibility to the child/ren then there should be consequences for that just like anything else in life.

#537210 - 07/24/09 12:24 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Danicori]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]I am assuming that question was for me .. and i am guessing that because i am a woman , and that i posted a question on here about receiving child support from a father ( who, by his own fault hasnt held a job in 6 years ) that is why you are assuming that i am lazy and in it for the money only...

I do not recieve any state help.. I work a full time job, and have for the last 9 years , my paycheck goes towards all the bills, and i dont see any reason why i need to tell you in earned dollars how much i spend...

house payment, car payment (yu live there and drive the car..don't count

bills ( electric, water , gas, food ) You use these utilitites..don't count

clothes and supplies for the children 0 Fine
child care - Fine

school - They go to private school?

Again, in hard dollars, what do you pay, aside from scohol, CC (which is usually seperate from CS) and their regular school...what is your cash out lay? Can't count the house or utilities as you live there too

#537211 - 07/24/09 12:25 PM Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
The child learns that if you commit a crime, you go to jail. The child, the ex...they didn't make the one who dodges the court order (and doesn't pay his taxes BTW), act in the way he did. HE did that to himself. You can teach kids one of two messages...there are no consequences for our actions, or there ARE. Perhaps his parents taught him that there were no consequences. So maybe THAT is why he ultimately ended up in jail.

BTW, my ex went at least twice I know of. His daughter knew he was in jail too. But not for CS...for cocaine. Think they should've just dropped those charges because he had a kid? What would she have learned from it?

#537212 - 07/24/09 12:30 PM Hey idiot.... [Re: Yes_Dad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Yes, you. And if you don't like the term, stop acting like one. I think you're just trying to rile people up lately with these lame arguments. IE:

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;(yu live there and drive the car..don't count

KIDS live there, KIDS get transported in that car.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;You use these utilitites..don't count

Of course not! Why should the kids use utilities or eat food? Moron.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;They go to private school?

Does it matter if they eat lunch at school or have a list of school supplies to purchase each year, and have to have new clothese that fit before school each year? No, it doesn't. But you purposely overlook the obvious and go for the argument because you just like stirring shyt.

#537213 - 07/24/09 01:04 PM Re: Hey idiot.... [Re: almostheaven]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote][/quote]

Didn't even read your answer. How many rats you have nesting in that hair-do of yours?

#537214 - 07/24/09 06:00 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Yes_Dad]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"All in the best interest of the child. BAER"

Yes, to attempt to force him to support the children he helped create, since he won't voluntarily do so (so much for HIM looking out for the best interest, huh? But that's okay, he's a guy, so we should overlook him being a deadbeat). This poster didn't create the laws he broke or the punishment he may receive.

#537215 - 07/25/09 11:52 AM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Sherron]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

When CP's are held to the same standards (and they are not), it's still a BAER.

#537216 - 07/25/09 11:57 AM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Yes_Dad]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

If a CP can't prove EVERY tax free dime they receive is accounted for as going to the kids, then you can convice me jail is approriate for CS arrears. We DON'T have a debtors prison in this country, except for this. EVERY person who misses a house payment, is late on a credit card or utility bill should go to jail. So should CP's who can't account. And all the public programs that help people pay those bills needs to be eliminated. Every single fncking one of them.

In addition, 50/50 should be the law and NO CS exchanged.

#537217 - 07/27/09 04:05 AM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: almostheaven]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

BTW, my ex went at least twice I know of. His daughter knew he was in jail too. But not for CS...for cocaine. Think they should've just dropped those charges because he had a kid? What would she have learned from it?

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Know any CPs who went to jail for contempt for failure to provide visitation ?

#537218 - 07/27/09 04:31 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: googledad]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]BTW, my ex went at least twice I know of. His daughter knew he was in jail too. But not for CS...for cocaine. Think they should've just dropped those charges because he had a kid? What would she have learned from it?

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Know any CPs who went to jail for contempt for failure to provide visitation ? [/quote]

No and you won't see any. In cases like this, custody is just changed rather than jailing the mother. AH lives in a strange world and she has NO concept of reality. In addition, contempt is not a felony offense.

Jailing a man (I said a man because there is NO WAY they would jail a woman for non-payment of support) for non-payment is ridiculous and egregious act. If it went that far, it's because the woman (who certainly 100% spends at least a portion of the CS on herself or to enhance her lifestyle) wanted the man jailed. EVERY situation can be worked out. I can see taking someones license or whatever (which is also stupid, as it just prevents the payor from earning a living to pay support) but jail? CS and taxes are the only jailable debt offenses in this country.

Ya, go ahead an jail Dad. And let the kids know. And see how they feel about you when they are adults. If a woman can't support the kids she squirted out, she should have never had the kids to begin with. That is not to say the father shouldn't pay his support. God knows I did. Always. But if you are so uneducated or such a loser you couldn't support them on your own if you had to, get a better fncking job or go back to school instead of living off CS and the state. It's pure laziness or mental illness or both.

I will gaurentee you 100% if you are a woman who jailed the kids father over CS, your relationship with the child will be sh!t when they become adults. My olders kids opinion of their mother (and their step father) changed INSTANTLY once they read all the various motions their mother did (needlessly). One minute they loved their mother. The next, they thought she was a first class [censored].

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: