Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 >
Topic Options
#537219 - 07/28/09 12:53 PM Re: Hey idiot.... [Re: Yes_Dad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
You took the time to respond...you read it. Moron.

#537220 - 07/28/09 12:56 PM Re: non custodial parent in jail [Re: Yes_Dad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

50/50 has nothing to do with parents who run from their responsibilities to their family. One CP proving what THEY spend has nothing to do with the OTHER CP who didn't receive CS. Going to jail for not paying CS isn't considered debtor's prison, it's considered ignoring a court order.

#537221 - 07/28/09 12:56 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: googledad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

YUP!

#537222 - 07/28/09 12:57 PM BTW... [Re: almostheaven]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Know of some that lost custody too. Stick that in your pipe...

#537223 - 07/28/09 01:08 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;AH lives in a strange world and she has NO concept of reality.

No, AH LIVES in reality, but obviously not the single-minded reality you live in. I haven't seen these issues from only one side. With a large family base to draw from, I've seen it in various forms. So I didn't close my mind and decide that one scenario is the end all and be all of child support just because its what I personally experienced...like you have.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;(I said a man because there is NO WAY they would jail a woman for non-payment of support)

Gee, I read a news article once of a woman who refused to pay support and spend TWO YEARS in jail. Judge wouldn't let her out until she agreed to pay. If you ever read such an article, you'd claim it was false, even from a reputable news source because it doesn't fit your scenario of everything being prejudiced and nothing EVER going against the woman.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;If it went that far, it's because the woman (who certainly 100% spends at least a portion of the CS on herself or to enhance her lifestyle) wanted the man jailed.

Shows what assinine statements you're capable of making, because most NCPs don't get jailed unless they haven't PAID CS. That means the woman certainly didn't spend even .01% of the CS on herself...BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T GET IT.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;And let the kids know.

Even when the CP won't let them know but the NCP is bitter enough to make sure they know, you'd still find reason to vindicate the poor male NCP. You wouldn't put up the effort if it were a female NCP. Your bias is showing yet again.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;If a woman can't support the kids she squirted out, she should have never had the kids to begin with. That is not to say the father shouldn't pay his support.

No, that is EXACTLY what you said in that first sentence. SHE squirted, SHE should never if SHE can't support them. You did NOT say if she can't support her HALF of this debt. You contradict yourself.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;But if you are so uneducated or such a loser you couldn't support them on your own if you had to, get a better fncking job or go back to school instead of living off CS and the state.

Certainly if you can't support them on your own, you need to work towards that goal, but "living off CS"? Again, contradictions. Living off the state, absolutely. But if by living off CS you mean a CP shouldn't even depend on getting the CS that they put towards their kids...which is how it sounds...then you continue to contradict what you say.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I will gaurentee you 100% if you are a woman who jailed the kids father over CS, your relationship with the child will be sh!t when they become adults. My olders kids opinion of their mother (and their step father) changed INSTANTLY once they read all the various motions their mother did (needlessly). One minute they loved their mother. The next, they thought she was a first class [censored].

YOU are not EVERYONE. And no you cannot make that guarantee because you'd be 100% wrong since I know of kids who did NOT end up hating their mothers because their fathers ended up in jail for non-payment of CS. Generally its because these particular fathers were "first class [censored]". But in your mind, such a man doesn't exist.

#537224 - 07/28/09 05:28 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: almostheaven]
RJ1 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

My son would hate me if I had his Dad jailed no matter the reason. I think jail is a bit extreme personally. "Jail" is just such an unknown word in our household and family and not something my son would take lightly and not something our family could get used to. I couldn't live with myself...and my ex is over two years behind at $20,000. But I can afford to do it on my own. I do think women should educate themselves, and be able to support alone the children they have...it makes life easier for everyone. I do think NCPs should help support the children, but jail is not in my vocabulary.

#537225 - 07/28/09 06:00 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: RJ1]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

And yet it is breaking the law, and it is in a judge's vocabulary. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, or that it isn't. It depends on the circumstances and each individual situation. I can say for me - I tried everything I felt right in doing to keep XH out of jail. In the end, it was up to him, and he did come through by joining the military. Although sometimes, it's not up to the other parent. Many times it's in the law's hands by that point. Although I do believe it should be an absolute last resort.

#537226 - 07/28/09 06:54 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: JennyLynn]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]And yet it is breaking the law, and it is in a judge's vocabulary. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, or that it isn't. It depends on the circumstances and each individual situation. I can say for me - I tried everything I felt right in doing to keep XH out of jail. In the end, it was up to him, and he did come through by joining the military. Although sometimes, it's not up to the other parent. Many times it's in the law's hands by that point. Although I do believe it should be an absolute last resort. [/quote]

It's the wrong thing to do. I didn't read any of AH's responses because she is delusional but Jenny, as RJ said, the kid will end up hating the parent that has the other parent jailed. I've never been but I know the reaction I got when my kids were old enough to read the truth.

Like I said, yanking someones professional or drivers license is one thing. Getting them thrown in jail is another.

CP's that act in an egregious manner towards the NCP are in for a big shock once the child is no longer a child. I have kids who are kids and I have kids who are now adults so I can speak from EXPERIENCE. It's part of the reason ex#2 tries extremely hard to co-parent. She was the stepmother of my kids for 12 years and they bonded and still talk. She knows what will happen if she continued on her previous course (in addition to me being able to take the kids when I want or am well enough to do so). She saw it all and the aftermath. My kids still visit her. The ex-stepmother. Which is fine with me. She is the exact opposite of ex#1 in all regards, especially the kids.

#537227 - 07/28/09 06:59 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I completely agree with you Yes Dad, and I think someone's intentions are what will show in the end, ESPECIALLY to the child.

I would never try to put my XH in jail, and there have been many times I could have, not only for nonpayment of CS.

But then again, like I said - it's not always in the other parent's hands, it gets to a point when it's in the law's hands. Did I ask the judge to throw my XH in jail? No, in fact I asked him NOT to throw him in jail. But what I think isn't always what the judge will listen to and feel right in doing.

If a parent - mom or dad - ends up in jail for nonpayment of CS or for anything else, I also feel that as children get older, they will see the truth no matter what that parent has to say about it when they are younger. The truth always comes out eventually. If our judge ever did throw XH in jail, or if he ended up getting into trouble b/c of his lack of responsibility and it was reported to his commanding officer and he went to military jail - I would not be responsible. I think it's extremely important for parents - moms and dads alike - to NOT take responsibility for the lack of someone else's actions.

#537228 - 07/28/09 07:33 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: JennyLynn]
RJ1 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

In my state, DHR/judge wouldn't even KNOW my ex was behind until I told them. I got the ball rolling...and if my ex was threatened with jail time it was because of a direct relation to me calling them. So yes it would be my fault...as I'm sure it was in yours. You seem to forget that phone call you made to the county DHR office to get that ball rolling. They are just following through on your phone call. Anyway, I couldn't sleep at night knowing I had anything to do with my son's Father being jailed. I don't have enough hate for him I guess.

Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: