Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >
Topic Options
#537249 - 07/29/09 11:57 AM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: BeckaLeigh]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]The CP isn't responsible for the NCP failing to follow the CO and help support their kids. We do get to deal with the consequences of the irresponsible NCP's failure to pay the CS. If the NCP doesn't want to go to jail, they need to make sure they do what they are Co'd to do. I don't think jail is the answer, either, but I see my X heading in that direction. The effect jail will have on him is very nill compared to the effects of his failure to be a father in ANY way has on our kids. [/quote]

The CP is responsible for putting the guy in jail. A law that needs to be changed, or if not, equity up the CP's egreious offenses as jailable. And as we know, they are rarely punished for anything

#537250 - 07/29/09 11:59 AM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: googledad]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]AH lives in a strange world and she has NO concept of reality.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Yup , it's called West Virginia . Here's a few stats about the state , maybe it'll explain her just a little .

W. Virginia :

Dead last ( of all states ) in % of the population with a college degree 15.3% .

Dead last in &amp; of married couples with both husband &amp; wife in the labor force 41.6%

Dead last in employment ratio 61.8%

#1 in % of population with diabetes 10.9%

#1 % of population with high blood pressure 33.6%

#1 % of population who've lost their natural teeth 42.8%

#1 in overweight and obesity rate 61.2%

#1 in smokeless tobacco users 31.2%

&amp;

#1 in Percent of People 21 to 64 Years Old With a Disability 21.5%

From these facts it can be discerned that AH is most likely morbidly obese with diabetes and high blood pressure , a high school graduate , toothless , unemployed while hubby brings home the bacon , disabled and has several spittoons around her trailer . [/quote]

I still maintain that hairdo of her's is a literal rat's nest.

#537251 - 07/29/09 12:00 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: JennyLynn]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]They are very much enforced in my county. As is denying visitation. [/quote]

Cite the case numbers and county. I'll check it out.

#537252 - 07/29/09 12:04 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

or if not, equity up the CP's egreious offenses as jailable. And as we know, they are rarely punished for anything

1000% agree!!

#537253 - 07/29/09 12:15 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Interesting case as the NCP finally received a custody reversal due to the CP's contempt in allowing visitation and following the CO. It was FINALLY deemed PAS...but get this took 5 years! Ridiculous! The court gave the CP 5 years of chances... UGH

http://www.pigcircus.com/Appellate_Decision.html

#537254 - 07/29/09 12:24 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'll PM you the county we're in. I can say that I've been IN court while a mother was threatened by our judge for denying visitation.

#537255 - 07/29/09 12:24 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Cassie23]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yup - ridiculous. I do agree denying visitation should hold just as much consequence as nonpayment of CS, as should not taking visitation.

#537256 - 07/29/09 12:26 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

&lt;&lt;The CP is responsible for putting the guy in jail. A law that needs to be changed, or if not, equity up the CP's egreious offenses as jailable. And as we know, they are rarely punished for anything &gt;&gt;

I call BS. The COURTS are responsible for putting NCP's in jail, just as the COURTS are responsible for not giving CP's who deny visitation harsher consequences.

#537257 - 07/29/09 12:29 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Cassie23]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I think there are SOME CP's (I won't say all because I know some CP's are very money hungry) that would be willing to decrease the amount of CS so that the NCP's can afford CS without CSE having to go after him and forcing him to pay. Thus keeping them out of jail.

----Oh I wholeheartedly agree Cassie, which is exactly what I did in my case. I lowered it, so that he wouldn't rack up more arrears and give him the chance to pay it off. He was originally put on a payment plan in Nov. 2007 - between Nov. 06 and Nov 07 I received 2 1/2 months of CS. That was even when he had the good job at the bank, he had little excuse. If he had started doing THEN what he should have been doing all along, now - almost 3 years later, he wouldn't be in this situation (even after attempting to forgive half his arrears and cut his CS in half over a year ago - as you know)

So for those not willing to send the NCP to jail over CS, why not just forgive arrears and accept $0 CS? That way NCP isn't racking up arrears and the NCP won't possibly go to jail for not paying? If you don't like the punishment for not paying, then don't have them pay. You could have something between the both of you- that when he does have money pay as you want, when you want.

----I agree with you. If a CP absolutely 100% doesn't care if the NCP financially supports their child, have CS completely diminished and taken out of the CO, like BM#1 did for XH.

#537258 - 07/29/09 01:32 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
RJ1 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

If I went to court and my ex ended up in jail...I would feel responsible. Because it was the direct action of me taking him to court that caused it. But ultimately I understand the concept of what everyone is saying and some don't feel as I do. And Cassie if CPs just forgave CS and arrears, why go to court anyway? Just forget about it and leave court out of it. The action of going to court opens a can of worms. And now that I think about it...maybe it's not about hating the NCP...for me it's more about having compassion for him as the Dad to my son. And I don't need CS...that certainly helps. I feel no bitterness towards him. I have no axe to grind. We are not suffering. I'm not the oh so powerful one to make him do anything or control him or make him own up to his responsibilities. Not my job. So that's exactly what I plan on doing...leaving court and him alone and moving on with my life plan...with or without CS. Makes no difference to me, because I do not let my ex get under my skin. And we all know that as a general whole, despite scattered case files anyone may find, CPs are not put in jail for failure of visitation.

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: