Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >
Topic Options
#537279 - 07/30/09 12:00 AM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Tweeby]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]If I remeber correctly, in M5's situation, the BM was sent to jail for keeping the children from M5's husband and they ahd 50/50 custody at the time.

Ask M5 about it. [/quote]

Cite. It's not a jailable offense as Illinois is the only state that the statute makes it one. Contempt is another mstter. anf why would M5 be withholding the children? Abuse? I said without something like abuse

Again, I need a citation that specifically jails a woman for visitation interference, not contempt.

AH- When is the next brood due? Don't rats reproduce every 6 weeks or something.

#537280 - 07/30/09 12:21 AM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
Tweeby Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Failure to pay CS is contempt and so is refusing parenting time.

And read what I wrote, M5 didn't keep the children away, it was her husband's ex, the BM who witheld M5's husband's parenting time.

If you want something that the reason for jail is the withholding of parenting time than you won't find any because it would be under contempt of court. It is the same as CS, not paying CS falls under contempt of court. You are not following a court order.

#537281 - 07/30/09 02:03 AM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
BeckaLeigh Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Texas
Would you please show me where I have had anything to do with the X failing to hold a job for any amount of time in the last 6+ years? Or where it would put him in a financial bind when his CO'd CS is less then 5% of what he makes WHEN he works?

I shouldn't be punished for anything, as a CP. I have busted my ass to try to keep our kids knowing their dad. HE failed at those things. HE has put everything before our kids. HE has missed over 300 visitations in the last 2 years.

I understand that you are saying the POS CPs should be punished. But, it really pisses me off when POS CPs and PS NCPs are lumped together.

Edited because I am not exact on the number of visits he has missed. He has odd Saturdays, even Sundays, even Xmas for 5 days, and off Thanksgivings for 5 days. He has missed all but one Thanksgiving and one Xmas, and even though he is ordered to do the transportation, I still met him halfway on both of those. AND gave him summer time he didn't deserve and wound up driving to get our kids because the jackass was drunk with our kids in the car.

Edited by BeckaLeigh (07/30/09 02:18 AM)

#537282 - 07/30/09 04:35 AM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: JennyLynn]
finz Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]Yup - ridiculous. I do agree denying visitation should hold just as much consequence as nonpayment of CS, as should not taking visitation. [/quote]

Just wanted to say that I agree with you JL on jailtime being a possible consequence of nonpayment of CS so that's on the NCP's conscience, not the CP's who just tried to protect the child's financial interests. I also agree with the above quote..unfair withholding of visitation should come with jailtime AND a change in custody.

#537283 - 07/30/09 04:46 AM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
finz Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]ONE PERSON CITE ONE CASE (COUNTY AND CASE NUMBER OR COUNTY/NAME) WHERE THE MOTHER WENT TO JAIL FOR VISITATION INTERFERENCE. THAT IS MY CHALLANGE TO YOU. [/quote]

I've never heard of a case either, but I think that should be a consequence for CP's who withhold visitation.

I think that punishment should be added. I don't think the punishment for NCP's should be taken away to make things equal. Things should be made more equal (I say more equal because I agree men are usually shafted by the entire custody/CS process) by adding harsher punishment for CP's

#537284 - 07/30/09 12:02 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Visitation interference IS contempt moron. Just like non-payment of CS is contempt. Viz &amp; CS are set by the courts. Ignore that order...CONTEMPT.

I only have two hon. Support em both. Can't have no more in case you're really wondering rather than just being an idiot again. Took care of that little issue with my son. And no, not 6 weeks. Took 21 years for this "rat".

#537285 - 07/30/09 12:02 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Tweeby]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

He knows that.

#537286 - 07/30/09 12:04 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: BeckaLeigh]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

But its easier to lump them together or imagine that all CPs are POSs so that they don't have to face facts that our exes aren't THEIR exes.

#537287 - 07/30/09 01:34 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Tweeby]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]I'm not sure what you are talking about. Failure to pay CS is contempt and so is refusing parenting time.

---&gt; Failure to pay is NOT simply contempt (although it can fall under that too). Most states have actual laws in regards to failure to pay support. I will bet you 100% your state has state statutes in regards for failure to pay. Contempt is not a felony offense. Where as refusing parenting time is contempt, ONLY if a judge says so and I am asking to cite cases where a mother was tossed in jail for it. Contempt can be enforced by many means. Probation, jail or a fine

And read what I wrote, M5 didn't keep the children away, it was her husband's ex, the BM who witheld M5's husband's parenting time.

If you want something that the reason for jail is the withholding of parenting time than you won't find any because it would be under contempt of court.

----&gt; I am asking for a case, whereas it could be contempt and the mother is jailed. I already said Illinois is the only state where witholding visitation it is a crimminal offense ie: NOT contempt. It's an actual law. And as I have stated, no one in 4 years has been prosecuted for it. In fact, show me a case where the mother was jailed for this type of contempt

It is the same as CS, not paying CS falls under contempt of court.
You are not following a court order. [/quote]

I never said it wasn't contempt. Not following a CO is contempt. Whereas men are punished in a much more harsh manner. Illinois let's you search cases on the appellate
cases which I did, using keywords such as "contempt"+"visitation" and a number of others and nothing came up. I also for the heck of it search google in the same manner and again nothing came up.

You have to be out of your mind to think women aren't treated in a more gentle manner in court than men.

#537288 - 07/30/09 01:35 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: almostheaven]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Didn't even read your drivel. You are on ignore.

Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: