Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#537289 - 07/30/09 01:53 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: finz]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

This was apparently in the AZ newspapers:

http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0073.htm

She was jailed for withholding visitation. 5 days in jail.

#537290 - 07/30/09 01:54 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Cassie23]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Weird- kids getting jailed for not following visitation orders...

Byline: Lindsey Tanner Associated Press Associated Press: see news agency. Associated Press (AP)

Cooperative news agency, the oldest and largest in the U.S. and long the largest in the world.

She gets straight A's and swims like a champion, but Galatea Galatea, in Greek mythology
Galatea (g&amp;#259;l&amp;#601;t&amp;#275;`&amp;#601;), in Greek mythology.

1 Sea nymph, daughter of Nereus and Doris. Kapsimalis is a lot like other teen-agers when it comes to being told what to do.

Not even the threat of jail has persuaded the 15-year-old to visit the father she says deserted her family in a bitter divorce battle.

The threat came from the same court that in July ordered a 12-year-old girl jailed for refusing to visit her father. That girl was released a day later pending the outcome of an appeal that could determine how far Illinois judges may go in trying to resolve visitation disputes.

The two cases have caught the attention of family law experts nationwide.

"Ordering children to obey their parents . . . is, except in rare circumstances, no business of the court," said Benjamin Wolf of the American Civil Liberties Union American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), nonpartisan organization devoted to the preservation and extension of the basic rights set forth in the U.S. Constitution. of Illinois, which filed a friend-of-the-court brief in the appellate case and is watching the Kapsimalis dispute. He called the judges' decisions in both cases "an intrusion of the privacy of the family."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/FAMILIES+FURIOUS+OVER+VISITATION+ORDERS%3B+DEFIANT+KIDS+FACE+JAIL-a083904445

#537291 - 07/30/09 02:01 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
Tweeby Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]You have to be out of your mind to think women aren't treated in a more gentle manner in court than men. [/quote]

I have seen the bias personally BUT I have also seen Dads that have fought and have won. Heck it happens.

#537292 - 07/30/09 02:17 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Yes_Dad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Sometimes they are, but not always. Question is, because some judges still have an ingrained bias to mother = nurturer attitude, you'd have to be out of your mind to think that ALL women should suffer for that...are you?

#537293 - 07/30/09 02:21 PM Exactly..."fought"... [Re: Tweeby]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Most don't fight in the first place, which creates a lot of the problem. Sometimes the bias isn't in the court itself, but just the lawyer the guy goes to. The lawyers quite often tell them they won't win or it'll be too costly, and right off the bat they decide the fight is lost before they fight it. And you cannot say how the court would've ruled in a case they never presided over.

#537294 - 07/30/09 02:21 PM Then why are you responding? [Re: Yes_Dad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Besides which, when you hit reply you SEE the post. Idiot. LOL

#537295 - 07/30/09 02:26 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Cassie23]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

From what I can see though, the CP's that do go to jail do so because they abduct or withhold visitation due to allegations of abuse.

#537296 - 07/30/09 02:26 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Cassie23]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]This was apparently in the AZ newspapers:

http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0073.htm

She was jailed for withholding visitation. 5 days in jail. [/quote]

You have to be kindding. Holysmoke.org is an anti-hoax site in addition to being about anti-almost everything site. This "case" is 20 years old and was displayed a hoax.

You need to read where your sources are.

Go to www.holysmoke.org

And tell me you believe anything on the BLOG

It's basically a site run by a nutecase.

This only makes me believe it less. You really need to read where your "source" is before you post something like that. I'm going back to the court records here and see if I can find anything

#537297 - 07/30/09 02:27 PM Re: Actually, it is... [Re: Cassie23]
Yes_Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]From what I can see though, the CP's that do go to jail do so because they abduct or withhold visitation due to allegations of abuse. [/quote]

I said those cases had to be ruled out.

#537298 - 07/30/09 02:29 PM Re: Exactly..."fought"... [Re: almostheaven]
Tweeby Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]Most don't fight in the first place, which creates a lot of the problem. Sometimes the bias isn't in the court itself, but just the lawyer the guy goes to. The lawyers quite often tell them they won't win or it'll be too costly, and right off the bat they decide the fight is lost before they fight it. And you cannot say how the court would've ruled in a case they never presided over. [/quote]

SOOOO True!!!! My husband went through that for years, he went to different lawyers and they told him there was nothing he could do. Most were like the store front or jack of all type lawyers, because that is who he could afford to talk to. Even when he had a consult with higher priced lawyers, still was told nothing could be done. Than when we did find a lawyer who said something may be done, we were very suspious.

I have helped quite a few Dad fight for their rights. They were about to give up but i showed them where to find the laws and they found a lawyer who would help them and majority of them? Well they got what they wanted or close to it.

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: