Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#554484 - 09/08/09 09:52 PM Moving Out of State With Kids
nthebackground Offline

recently joined

I live in Texas and divorce a few years ago. I met a wonderful woman in Indiana in an unhappy marriage. We have known each other for almost 2 yrs. She has 3 kids. One graduates this year..one in middle school and one in elementary school. She wants to file for divorce.
We intend to marry after it is final. She and her husband own a business together..she doesn't work but could. My question..is just how hard will it be for her to move out of state with the kids? I understand the 90 day notice. I assume it would be next to impossible for her to move out of the state if she is divorced and living on her own. But what about when we marry? Will that change things? Would her infidelity become an issue? Could a judge rule it's not in the best interest of the child and just tell her she can move out of state but if she does..her kids must stay with him? I have a middle school age son otherwise I would move to Indiana in a heartbeat. Help!

#554485 - 06/09/10 04:23 AM Re: Moving Out of State With Kids [Re: nthebackground]
wantingout Offline

recently joined

I would say it would be best for you to move to Ind since you only have 1 child.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: