Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#55852 - 12/25/05 06:19 PM HELP!
annieruck Offline
recently joined

Registered: 12/25/05
Posts: 4
At the time of my divorce, we owed back taxes to the IRS. The agreement in the divorce was each of us pay half of the the debt. However, my ex spouse did not pay his half and my income tax refunds were confiscated for 3 years in a row.
How can I get my money back? Is there a statute of limitations? Can I take him to small claims, or would it be better to involve the family court? I need help here as I dont know what to do.

It has been 5 years that we have been divorced, I have waited paitiently for him to get a conscience to pay me back. and of course it hasnt happened.

#55853 - 07/31/06 07:56 PM Re: HELP! [Re: annieruck]
ndb Offline
recently joined

Registered: 07/31/06
Posts: 3
Loc: Kentucky
Check with the IRS and perhaps forward them a copy of your divorce decree stating it was orderd for him to pay 1/2. It might help.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: