Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#577547 - 11/14/09 09:01 PM Came home from work to a mostly empty home
georgiamom41 Offline

recently joined

Hello all,
New with my head spinning. In Sept. my husband said we had no choice but to file bankrupcy, including surrendering our home of 10 years.

It was final on Nov. 10, I came home 3 days later to a partically empty home, including dumping my things in a box and taking my dresser and so many other things.

He has paid for a lawyer, filed divorce, paid for movers, paid for a new apt. and set up, new furniture..and after paying all of his "expense" split what was left in the joint account.

I had NO idea of ANY of this! I kissed him goodbye in the morning and told him to have a great day...and came home to almost nothing.

I now have 2000 to my name to accomplish everything he did as the house will be taken back who knows when.

I need some guidence. I can't pay for a lawyer, and move, and pay for storage. He makes 95k a year..I make 21K

If he would have asked for a divorce I would have been ok with it..it was time I think, but to do this to someone has to look bad to a judge. He even took the washer and dryer. :confused:

Devestated.

#577548 - 01/09/10 01:53 AM Re: Came home from work to a mostly empty home [Re: georgiamom41]
divorceparalegal Offline

recently joined

Loc: Georgia
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Atlanta Legal Aid may be able to help you - they have a number of offices across the state depending on what county you are in. You can access them on the Web at atlantalegalaid.org. I know several people who they have assisted with contested divorces. Good luck and feel free to email or PM me if you would like more information.

Edited by divorceparalegal (01/09/10 01:55 AM)

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: