Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#592291 - 12/26/09 11:34 PM Filing pro se for contempt of court
cupidsgym1 Offline

Registered: 07/26/07
Posts: 77
My ex has violated the court order that grants me custody of my daughter on weekends. She has done this four times in two years. My attorney doesn't want to go to court to complain because he thinks the court will find for my ex, citing that the infractions were "in the best interest of the child."
I don't see how one can perpetually hide behind that clause and flout the court order. I want to file a grievance with the court myself. My attorney is obviously pissing his pants at the prospect of charging my ex with contempt, so I want to do it myself. Can I? Why does the clerk of court send me away each time, telling me I need an attorney to do that? What gives?

#592292 - 01/03/10 03:50 AM Re: Filing pro se for contempt of court [Re: cupidsgym1]
cupidsgym1 Offline

Registered: 07/26/07
Posts: 77
Never mind. I'd have to fire my attorney first, and in that the clerk of court and even our own legal aid society is giving me the runaround on just the contempt filing, I can see I will never get anywhere in this good ol' boy's legal system on my own. Gotta pay the devil to make a deal with him. Judges are puppets, lawyers pull the strings. Even I can see that now.

#592293 - 01/24/11 10:25 PM Re: Filing pro se for contempt of court [Re: cupidsgym1]
Newtoncase Offline

recently joined

Registered: 01/24/11
Posts: 3
If you have not given up yet I may be able to help you.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: