Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#605926 - 02/02/10 08:50 PM Parenting Time Question
justamom123 Offline

recently joined

Registered: 02/02/10
Posts: 6
I know that the new CS guidelines can be adjusted for a NCP whom has the children more then 1/3 of the time...Does anyone know if the NCP is unwilling to take the children 1/3 of the time if the CP can get child support increased?
My children see their father for two 24 hour periods a month which is ALL he is willing to take them...Is it possible I could have my CS increased to reflect the difference of time he should be parenting them???

#605927 - 02/03/10 07:14 PM Re: Parenting Time Question [Re: justamom123]
Atlas Offline


Registered: 11/03/09
Posts: 80
Did you figure out CS by using the Child Support Guidelines Worksheet, with you as the custodial parent and him as the non-custodial parent?


If so, that's the maximum amount of support you will receive even if he never sees the children (unless your income disparity changes more than 20% from the original filing values).

Now, if you filled out two worksheets, one with each of you as the custodial parent and took the difference -- which is what you'd do if you had 50/50 joint physical custody -- then yes, you'd have a legitimate claim for a support order modification. But otherwise? I'd say no.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: