Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20 >
Topic Options
#606539 - 02/04/10 01:08 PM Bonus payout
jeff123 Offline

My ex is coming after me for bonus information. Stating that I have not provided notification / documentation of bonus payout or not. The decree states that I must provide documentation. I do not receive a statement if I am not paid for it. My questions:

1.) Is email and / or verbal enough?
2.) I really dont want the court to but can they request some kind of statement from my company? I prefer that my company not be harassed.
3.) It does not state in the decree that I need to provide W2, but legally can the court request that I provide my W2 to my ex.?

Thank you!!

#606540 - 02/04/10 02:33 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: jeff123]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yes, the courts can require you to provide your W2. Why drag this out? Why not just give her your W2 and be done with it? If you didn't get a bonus, your W2 will prove that.

No need to involve lawyers or the courts in this. It can be easily resolved.

#606541 - 02/04/10 02:55 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: jeff123]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm not sure the gist of your post. Are you saying that you did receive a bonus, but you don't want your ex to know about. Or you did not receive a bonus?

#606542 - 02/04/10 03:00 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

What I got was that he doesn't get a statement when there is no bonus, so how does he provide his ex with "documentation" he doesn't have.

The best way would probably be to give her a copy of the w-2; as far as I know, bonus info would be listed on there as income, so she can see for herself if there is or isn't a difference between your hourly wages and your total income. And yes, the courts can request that.

#606543 - 02/04/10 03:48 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Sherron]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

The best way would probably be to give her a copy of the w-2; as far as I know, bonus info would be listed on there as income, so she can see for herself if there is or isn't a difference between your hourly wages and your total income. And yes, the courts can request that.

++++++

Agreed. But then why is he so hesitant to give her his W2. You'd think he'd be INSISTING she look at it to see that there was no bonus paid. Unless, of course, he did get a bonus or it's laden with overtime or something like that.

#606544 - 02/04/10 04:28 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
Avaya Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Arkansas
Susan, your bias is showing. Perhaps some people are private. It is NO ONE'S business what his W-2 shows. You think it's the ex-wifes business simply because she bore his children - WRONG. IMO, "What does it take to raise your children?" "Can both parties provide that support?" If so, what one's W-2 shows is MOOT!

#606545 - 02/04/10 04:30 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Avaya]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Actually, at least here - the majority of court orders give each parent permission to see the other person's W2 and tax returns upon request.

#606546 - 02/04/10 04:42 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"If so, what one's W-2 shows is MOOT!"
It isn't if he's trying to prove to her that there was no bonus. If he's supposed to give her bonus documentation, and this is all he has, then that's what he gives her. Odds are, if he has to give her bonus info, he also has to give her info when his wages change, so the other information on the w-s shouldn't be a surprise to her. If he doesn't want her to know how much he's had taken out in retirement or what not, I guess he can make her a copy of the w-2 and black out any info that's not related, i.e., leave his name, company name, and wages, and give her that.

#606547 - 02/04/10 04:59 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Sherron]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Exactly. Yes, having babies together and then getting divorced means that you have to share income information. He has to provide bonus documentation. His W2 *is* that documentation. At the same time, he should be asking for his ex-w's income documentation.

Not sure how the "can't revisit CS for 3 years" plays into this. Is that a state law that CS can only be revisited every 3 years? If so, her income is moot. His income is moot. The only thing that he's court-ordered to pay is a percentage of his bonus and he is court-ordered to provide documenation in regards to his bonuses.

#606548 - 02/04/10 06:03 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Gal - I think in some states you can only modify every 3 years? I think that's what he meant..not sure.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: