Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >
Topic Options
#606649 - 02/08/10 04:21 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm totally sick of all of the divorce laws. If you marry someone and make an oral contract of "till death do us part", you should be held to that, especially if you have kids. It takes a 50/50 effort to make a child. Therefore, you are "in it" 50/50 until that child is an adult. Financially, physically, 50/50.

--I agree in 50/50 in most cases, absolutely. But you also have to keep in mind not all parents WANT 50/50.

--Financially 50/50? I believe that means financially 50/50 for the children, not for incomes.

I'm sick of parents being able to walk away from their kids. I'm sick of parents not paying CS and forcing a CP to spend years trying to collect.

--I agree there.

It's all screwed up. It should be much more simple. You created that child together, you raise that child TOGETHER...in every way. No walking away. No putting the kids through the ringer of "you have a nice house with mom, but you live in squalor when you are with dad." Noone in their right mind can think that's good for the kids. It might be good for the richer parent, but certainly not for the kids.

--And yet you can't force all parents to do that.

If they stuck to a true "50/50" till the kids are grown, it would make people much more careful who they married, who they had children with.

--Most divorced parents I know do have 50/50. The only cases are when one parent doesn't want that responsibility.

#606650 - 02/08/10 04:27 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

--Most divorced parents I know do have 50/50. The only cases are when one parent doesn't want that responsibility.

Doesn't matter. You take your 50/50 and you do it well or you go to jail for child neglect.

How many people WANT to pay income taxes? Not very many, so they made it simple. "File your taxes or you go to jail." If you don't, you incur penalities and fees so high that you'll find it easier to pay than not to pay.

Parenting needs to be the same. You WILL take your 50/50. You WILL show up during your parenting time, or you WILL go to jail for child neglect.

What is being allow to go on right now is BS. No child should be sitting there wondering if their parent will show up or not.

If you don't show up for a court date, a bench warrant for your arrest is issued immediately. If they can enforce that, they can enforce parenting time.

#606651 - 02/08/10 04:31 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Parenting needs to be the same. You WILL take your 50/50. You WILL show up during your parenting time, or you WILL go to jail for child neglect.

--I wouldn't want my X having 50/50, therefor I don't think it should be forced on parents who don't want it.

What is being allow to go on right now is BS. No child should be sitting there wondering if their parent will show up or not.

--I agree, but I also wouldn't want someone, or the courts, to FORCE my son's father to show up for visitation he doesn't want.

If you don't show up for a court date, a bench warrant for your arrest is issued immediately. If they can enforce that, they can enforce parenting time.

--Here, that does happen, at least in my case.

#606652 - 02/08/10 04:35 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Susan I also think your 50/50 idea is flawed in that not even all married couples who have children share in 50/50 of the financial AND emotional responsibilities of raising their kids. And that isn't always a bad thing. Why should a parent be expected to do 50/50 of the financial/emotional parenting AFTER a divorce when they weren't doing it when married?

#606653 - 02/08/10 04:38 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Why don't we just make DIVORCE ILLEGAL then? I mean if we want to make someone who refuses 50/50 go to jail, let's make divorce illegal. If a parent REFUSES 50/50- **I** as the OTHER parent who would want that parent FORCED into a 50/50 timeshare.

We make each household equal in incomes, how can we be sure teh ONE receiving the CS (or the income to equalize their household with the other) would even USE it on the kid(s)??

And what happens when ONE parent remarries and now that household makes more? Should the new Step parent give half of what they earn to the other household?

#606654 - 02/08/10 04:42 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Susan I also think your 50/50 idea is flawed in that not even all married couples who have children share in 50/50 of the financial AND emotional responsibilities of raising their kids. And that isn't always a bad thing. Why should a parent be expected to do 50/50 of the financial/emotional parenting AFTER a divorce when they weren't doing it when married?

++++++++

It should be a "given" in divorce, CLEARLY spelled out prior to obtaining a marriage license. "In the event of divorce, parenting time WILL BE 50/50 and will be enforced."

It might make people think twice about having children with someone if they know they are "on the hook" for 18 years. Just like once you get a job, you are "on the hook" for income taxes. It's a "non-negotiable" and the penality for not complying is extensive jail time and financial penalities.

#606655 - 02/08/10 04:43 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

&lt;&lt;It should be a "given" in divorce, CLEARLY spelled out prior to obtaining a marriage license. "In the event of divorce, parenting time WILL BE 50/50 and will be enforced."
&gt;&gt;

And like ANY contract, things can and do get changed.

And likely, we will see more unwed couples having children.

#606656 - 02/08/10 04:43 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Let's say that BOTH parents are working their butt's off, full-time, to their fullest capacity? I think making incomes equitable in 50/50 situations is in the best interest of the kids.

Okay, but let's say they are NOT. Then what? My H's X is a perfect example. Had FREE daycare, quit her jobs left and right. Didn't CARE about supporting her kids because if the state wasn't doing it, she had CS. Now she is CS from FOUR different MEN. Talk about equalizing her income ;)

#606657 - 02/08/10 04:43 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

You know, I was wondering if Susan thinks Ray's ex should have an EQUAL household income, including adding in SUSAN's income?

#606658 - 02/08/10 04:47 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

We make each household equal in incomes, how can we be sure teh ONE receiving the CS (or the income to equalize their household with the other) would even USE it on the kid(s)??

And what happens when ONE parent remarries and now that household makes more? Should the new Step parent give half of what they earn to the other household?
++++++++++++

50/50 parenting time and 50/50 financials could be enforced by each parent submitting finacials to the courts to show that the money is being spent on the kids.

Yes, household incomes should be made equitable, even in the case of remarriage. When someone married a person with kids, they are marrying into a family, not just the spouse.

My h's income was used on my D18's FAFSA and will reduce the amount she receives for college. Same should go for divorce situations.

Furthermore, I think the house should stay with the kids and the parents come and go.

We'd never inconvience ourselves by packing our lives up every week or EOW, but we ask our kids to do it all of the time and then get frustrated at them when they leave things at the other parent's house or aren't allowed to bring things back and forth.

I call BS again! The kids should stay put and the parents should be the ones coming and going.

That is, of course, if we are truly "all about the kids." But we aren't. We are all about ourselves and our money and making sure NO ONE benefits from our money but ourselves.

Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: