Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 >
Topic Options
#606559 - 02/04/10 08:40 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Avaya]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

&lt;&lt;obviously he's taking care of his children financially and his income should NOT be scrutinized and the amount certainly shouldn't be available to the other parent. &gt;&gt;

While I agree with you in this particular instance, the court apparently says otherwise :(

Edited by JennyLynn (02/04/10 08:40 PM)

#606560 - 02/04/10 08:41 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

&lt;&lt;Oh BTW, my brother's X is taking him back to court because she wants more money now- 6 months after their CO. She no longer has a job (she quit) and my brother actually makes less now, but sold his house. &gt;&gt;

Wow. Can she file for a modification already?

#606561 - 02/04/10 08:48 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Not the court, it was figured out by the mediator. My guess is the guy didn't think about getting a lawyer to look it over first :( My brother's mediator tried to tell him he was on the hook for WAYYYYY more...

#606562 - 02/04/10 08:53 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well she can. I would hope it gets laughed outta court.

They were living in the martial home, while pending divorce. Once the house sold they would each take 50%. They were fighting, she was inviting new BF (guy she cheated on him with during marriage and HIS co-worker over). So brother decided to BUY her out of her half. Gave her CASH (off their sale of land, so she received her 50% from their land and he used his HALF of that to buy her out of the house).

Well he remodeled house and sold it, Dec. 30th. She is PO'ed and wants HALF of that now, even though he bought her out of her half months before.

She is asking for more CS because she quit her job. Even though brother was paying for 1/2 of everything on TOP of CS. 1/2 of new winter jackets, halloween costumes, etc. He kept saying it was for the kids- so he did it.

Brother has serious GF now and I think that pisses her off. She wanted new GF's name, number and address just in case. Brother said NO. That and him selling the house started this. She said that she didn't know he was going to fix it up and sell it. If she knew that, she wouldn't have let him buy her out of her half. Whatever. CRAZY.

#606563 - 02/04/10 08:58 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

UGH. Some people truly amaze me!

#606564 - 02/04/10 09:32 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
jeff123 Offline

Wow..thanks for all the responses..I have been in meetings today trying to make money to pay for my ex to live. Really sucks!!

So te issue is yes I received bonus and I have not paid her the amounts, so she has decided to take to court over contempt. My question is what do I have to provide.

I have all kinds of questions like I get a gross payment statement then that goes into my check and they take taxes for it, but what happens at the end of the year if I owe taxes based on my level of bonus.

The other question is what if I have been working to pay off debt she and the mediator stuck me with so now I dont have the amount owed to her.

Sorry to deceive some of you with the not earning bonus, but I signed a shitty agreement as it was my first marriage...nice guy finishes last..

I do take care of my children..I have them sunday to sunday every other week, pay for insurance, pay have of extra expenses, and now 30% of my bonus.

The only thing is I have learned that she left bonuses out of her agreement with the mediator. I am going to have a lawyer send her a letter that she must provide. then I guess go after a modification.

Again Thank you for all the responses...

#606565 - 02/04/10 09:34 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: jeff123]
Maury Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: This Asylum --->
Provide your [email protected] You need credible evidence as to the amount of the bonus. Your naked assertion or an email lack foundation to be credible evidence.

#606566 - 02/04/10 09:38 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Maury]
jeff123 Offline

What about pay stubs that match the dates of the quarterly statements from work? Will that work in court?

#606567 - 02/04/10 09:41 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Maury]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"So te issue is yes I received bonus and I have not paid her the amounts, so she has decided to take to court over contempt. My question is what do I have to provide."

The 30% you owe her and the w-2 as proof. Or give it to her now and hopefully avoid court.

I get the feeling you were trying to avoid paying her the co'ed shared of the bonus...?

#606568 - 02/04/10 09:42 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Sherron]
Maury Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: This Asylum --->
Paystubs could work as well. However, if I were on the other side, I would wonder why the total income picture was being avoided. What was being hidden in the months not produced?

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: