Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 6 of 20 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20 >
Topic Options
#606589 - 02/05/10 06:50 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

From what I understood, Jeff would take his X to court IF she has a 20% increase in pay with her new job, if she doesn't I don't think he will seek modification... She would have to file for contempt if he doesn't figure out how to pay the bonus. It would be a waste of the court's time if he doesn't figure it out. Jeff will receive a federal refund this year? Maybe you can use that to put towards the bonus money you owe X?

#606590 - 02/05/10 06:50 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Good idea Cassie, about the return if he recieves one.

Yeah...I'd hold off asking for the modification until he pays what he owes.

#606591 - 02/05/10 06:51 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
jeff123 Offline

I love it..I am a bad guy for payingher 1500 a month, etc. because I had the money and now do not. She is a pain in the ass and it is only her way, so I think I will just go to court and work a plan out with the judge based on my affadavit.

the reason our court system is overloaded is because so many people get screwed and people that rec. child support do not have to prove in any way shape or form what they are spending money on. She makes more than me per year now with the bonus payment and she is the one that cheated and lied.

The court system honestly sucks!!

#606592 - 02/05/10 06:51 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Why should she see his W2? That is not court ordered. No reason for her to see his W2.

#606593 - 02/05/10 06:52 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: jeff123]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

No, you aren't a bad guy at all jeff. I think you're paying way too much if you ask me :) BUT, you still have to hold up your end of the agreement that YOU agreed to, KWIM?

&lt;&lt;the reason our court system is overloaded is because so many people get screwed and people that rec. child support do not have to prove in any way shape or form what they are spending money on.&gt;&gt;

Yes, that is the case in some situations - on the other hand, there are just as many custodial parents who get screwed b/c their X's play the system to get out of paying CS.

#606594 - 02/05/10 06:52 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"I think a bonus is different, because he definitly *HAD* the money. He just choose not to pay her with it. He spent it on something else and doesn't have it anymore."
Doesn't make a difference in my state. When ex works and doesn't pay cs, he *HAD* the money and chose not to pay cs. CSE decides how much a month he is supposed to pay on arrears, and if he calls them and says that's too high, they'll drop it lower yet. Doesn't matter at this point to him, he's not paying on arrears or current, so he doesn't care if the arrears payment is set too high, but that's the way CSE has handled it in the past. Not saying NH will handle it that way, but it apparently IS an option in some states. Yeah, he fvcked up, should have paid it when he had it, shame on him for not doing so. Unless anyone can borrow him their time machine, he can't undo it.

#606595 - 02/05/10 06:53 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah...I'd hold off asking for the modification until he pays what he owes.

Oh I wouldn't. I would take it to court and he can figure out the arrears then, since he is already in court for a modification. No waste of time there. If he doesn't seek modification then he needs to figure something out with her (payment plan) so that she doesn't file contempt.

#606596 - 02/05/10 06:54 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I suppose I just think it's somewhat silly to ask for a modification when he still owes her...I don't know, I suppose you may be right...especially if it would go down significantly.

#606597 - 02/05/10 06:56 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"I suppose I just think it's somewhat silly to ask for a modification when he still owes her...I don't know, I suppose you may be right...especially if it would go down significantly. "
Not sure why. If he can't afford what he's paying, it would make sense for him to ask for a mod. It would also make sense for him to be in arrears, no?

#606598 - 02/05/10 06:57 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Sherron]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Same in NYS- you can lower the arrears payment if it's unaffordable to you.

Thing is for a CP and NCP, if a NCP cannot afford to pay CS, then there is no way around- he/she owes it. If a CP cannot afford something that month, the CP can lower her/his contribution to the child(ren) because CP's are not held accountable for what they financially give towards the child(ren). So I can see Jeff's frustrations. It does suck for both parties under certain circumstances.

Page 6 of 20 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: