Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20 >
Topic Options
#606639 - 02/08/10 01:42 AM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I agree Cassie, I think it's ridiculous to even expect.

Wow...half of clothes and all that on top of the CS? that's crazy.

#606640 - 02/08/10 04:05 AM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Sherron]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Slight difference between asking for more MATERIAL items or stuff, and THREATENING to reduce time with the kids to a MINIMUM unless you get MONEY.

#606641 - 02/08/10 04:13 AM Re: Bonus payout [Re: gr8Dad]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"Slight difference between asking for more MATERIAL items or stuff, and THREATENING to reduce time with the kids to a MINIMUM unless you get MONEY. "

Actually, I asked for full physical and legal. We didn't really have any material $hit when we were married.

#606642 - 02/08/10 03:25 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I would be more along the same lines. CS is about MONEY to SUPPORT the children. Who thinks a parent who has her kids HALF time/completely equal needs $1500 (and another $600 with bonus) a month for CS?

+++++++

I don't see it as a bad thing. Both household have the kids 50/50 and now both households have similar incomes on which they support the kids.

If it's truly "all about the kids" then you would see it as a good thing...that the kids will have consistent lifestyles in BOTH homes and both parents are able to provide for the kids in basically the same manner.

It's hard on kids to live a "split life" where lifestyle are dramatically different, especially in 50/50 situations.

#606643 - 02/08/10 03:41 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

&lt;&lt;If it's truly "all about the kids" then you would see it as a good thing...that the kids will have consistent lifestyles in BOTH homes and both parents are able to provide for the kids in basically the same manner.&gt;&gt;

I disagree. I don't believe CS should be used to equalize the income in both homes. One parent shouldn't have to work their butt off to support the other's lack of income.

#606644 - 02/08/10 03:44 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I just don't see that as a good thing, personally. This guy didn't win the lotto, he WORKED for where he is at. I don't think that his income level should be evened out with an X spouses just so that a child is living in two separate household with the same means.

I just find that plain annoying. If I were to marry someone 10 times smarter/more gifted than I and he makes $100k more a year...he should give me HALF of that so our incomes are EQUAL so our kids live in two households where the incomes are equal for a true 50/50. Puke.

It will be interesting to see if XW marries someone making $100k a year. Then the 'household' changes and that household will be $100k richer than Dads. There is nothing really fair about it IMO.

#606645 - 02/08/10 03:46 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I disagree. I don't believe CS should be used to equalize the income in both homes. One parent shouldn't have to work their butt off to support the other's lack of income.
+++++

Let's say that BOTH parents are working their butt's off, full-time, to their fullest capacity? I think making incomes equitable in 50/50 situations is in the best interest of the kids.

If neither parent were "greedy" that is what they would want for their kids, so the kids could have as consistent lifestyle as possible.

#606646 - 02/08/10 03:47 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I still completely disagree. I do NOT see CS as a way to equalize the income in both homes.

#606647 - 02/08/10 03:51 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Funny how a man wanting to keep his earnings is GREEDY, but you separating YOUR higher income from RAY's is merely financially prudent.

#606648 - 02/08/10 04:00 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm totally sick of all of the divorce laws. If you marry someone and make an oral contract of "till death do us part", you should be held to that, especially if you have kids. It takes a 50/50 effort to make a child. Therefore, you are "in it" 50/50 until that child is an adult. Financially, physically, 50/50.

I'm sick of parents being able to walk away from their kids. I'm sick of parents not paying CS and forcing a CP to spend years trying to collect.

It's all screwed up. It should be much more simple. You created that child together, you raise that child TOGETHER...in every way. No walking away. No putting the kids through the ringer of "you have a nice house with mom, but you live in squalor when you are with dad." Noone in their right mind can think that's good for the kids. It might be good for the richer parent, but certainly not for the kids.

If they stuck to a true "50/50" till the kids are grown, it would make people much more careful who they married, who they had children with.

Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: