Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >
Topic Options
#606669 - 02/08/10 05:03 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Cassie23]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"THey need to think about that and consider that BEFORE having subsequent children. "

Fine, no subsequent kids. What if sm already has kids, she has custody.

#606670 - 02/08/10 05:03 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

&lt;&lt;THey need to think about that and consider that BEFORE having subsequent children. &gt;&gt;

So basically - NO remarriage or subsequent children until the kids are 18.

Yeah...I disagree.

#606671 - 02/08/10 05:03 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

In a nutshell, this would make people be very careful about who they marry, who they have children with, who they remarry and if they decide to have subsequent children.

NO ONE should be having subesquent children until all of the needs of the existing children are met.

Getting divorce and "moving on" is too easy right now. People are getting remarried, having MORE children and then complain about how they can't support their existing children. It's all crazy and warped.

When people get divorced, the needs of THEIR CHILDREN TOGETHER should be the only thing that matters. They need to "move on" shouldn't be a concern at all until the exisiting children are grown.

#606672 - 02/08/10 05:03 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Right, but hell someone like BM with 4 kids from 4 different people she will be equalizing her household with all 4 Dads. She be rich and I think that is her intent ;)

#606673 - 02/08/10 05:05 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Sherron]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"THey need to think about that and consider that BEFORE having subsequent children. "

Fine, no subsequent kids. What if sm already has kids, she has custody.
++++++++

If they can't accomodate the parent's need to go back and forth to his/her existing children's home, then they need to not get married if they can't make that work.

It's simple.

#606674 - 02/08/10 05:05 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Gal - you're wanting to fix the problem AFTER the problem starts. Why not fix the problem BEFORE it starts?

Mandatory 6 months of counseling before marriage. Mandatory 6 months (or more) of counseling before divorce.

Forcing parents to share the same home and to parent more than they want isn't going to "fix" this, nor would it be good for kids in many situations IMO.

There is NO WAY this would work in my situation. And had that been the consequences of marrying XH? I wouldn't have married him (ETA - I say that NOW - Sherron you have a good point in what you posted below this - at the time? I didn't know XH very well and thought the same). And things really wouldn't be much different had I not had.

Edited by JennyLynn (02/08/10 05:06 PM)

#606675 - 02/08/10 05:06 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"In a nutshell, this would make people be very careful about who they marry, who they have children with, who they remarry and if they decide to have subsequent children."

Bull$hit. I was an idiot when I married ex, ignored the red flags, cause, hey, we were in looooove. I would have never considered that. As far as I knew, we were getting married until death bla bla bla, and as far as I knew, ex was on the same page. Young, stupid, and in looooove does not consider this kind of $hit.

#606676 - 02/08/10 05:07 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: JennyLynn]
1966Gal Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Gal - you're wanting to fix the problem AFTER the problem starts. Why not fix the problem BEFORE it starts?
+++++++

Exactly my point. Cover people on these laws prior to marriage.

I get a job, I better become informed wth income tax laws or I could find myself in big trouble.

Same with having babies or getting married.

#606677 - 02/08/10 05:08 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: 1966Gal]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I don't agree with telling someone how they will parent before they've even had kids (or after, for that matter). I do NOT think the court system needs to FORCE divorced parents how to live, how to parent, etc. At least not to the extreme that you are suggesting.

While I think there are things that could be done to better a lot of situations, I don't think forcing people into parenting or forcing divorced parents to share a home is going to help anything.

Edited by JennyLynn (02/08/10 05:08 PM)

#606678 - 02/08/10 05:08 PM Re: Bonus payout [Re: Sherron]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"If they can't accomodate the parent's need to go back and forth to his/her existing children's home, then they need to not get married if they can't make that work."

So in your world, I shouldn't get remarried as long as I have children living with me? Btw... how fair would your plan be to MY kids? The house I live in is all ds's ever known, we moved in when he was one.

Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: