My daughter wants to divorce her husband whose whereabouts are unknown. He left her when he was indicted for a crime and took off to avoid serving prison time. In any case, she has no money to hire an attorney but I understand that she can file a divorce complaint and obtain a divorce by publication in the local paper. Can someone tell me exactly what papers she has to fill in ( since he is obviously not around to sign the petition), does she file first with the court or what are the specific steps she needs to take to get a divorce this way?