Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#684634 - 12/07/10 08:09 PM moving jurisdiction in custody case
jpipp Offline

recently joined

Registered: 08/23/10
Posts: 7
I have since moved out of the county where my divorce was finalized. The ex has now sued me for custody because he and his parents don't like my new husband. Do I have to leave the custody case in the county where the divorce was finalized or can I move it to my new county?

#684635 - 02/10/11 01:48 AM Re: moving jurisdiction in custody case [Re: jpipp]
dadofone Offline


Registered: 02/09/11
Posts: 55
Is that what the paper's say? He and his parents don't like you new husband, so, he wants custody, I think not! My bet is you left the county and now he's asking for the court to grant him custody!You have to go where he filed, which is, I'm sure, the county you moved from!

How far did you move?

You didn't ask the court if you could move, did you?


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: